(84) Won't Even Give Me a Piece of Shrimp

Because Xiao Xu was used to heading straight towards Chu Qing-Yan's room after leaving the study, he would always coincidentally come at meal time, therefore, the kitchen would always arrange the food in her room.

This time, Huang Yi followed this routine and let people carry the bowls of dishes and chopsticks over. Since Chu Qing-Yan had hurt her foot, Huang Yi specially prepared a small table to put on top of the bed to make it easier for her to eat.

Because she hurt her foot, Huang Yi took orders of what she needed to eat and foods to mend the bones were the main focus. So everytime, the dishes given to her would basically be some simmered pig trotters, steamed duck feet, honey glazed chicken legs, and all kinds of other animal limbs. Moreover, it was the same main ingredients with changes in cooking style, which were never repeated. And because her cooking skills were great, Chu Qing-Yan ate with gusto every time.

But always eating the limbs, there would come a time when one would get tired of it.

As a result, now, Chu Qing-Yan's gaze floated toward the dishes on another table, fragrant, crispy shrimp, chili chicken, clam with tofu.....

With one look, Chu Qing-Yan couldn't tear her eyes away.

And a certain someone just so happened to be eating it unhurriedly as if he hadn't realized the envious look shot towards him.

In reality, how could Xiao Xu not detect such a bright look? It was merely that he just didn't want to bother with it.

The more she looked at the dishes, the more Chu Qing-Yan felt that her own food was tasteless. In the end, she couldn't resist and opened her mouth.

"Your Highness, this pig trotter of mine is really good, do you want to taste it?" She threw out a brick to attract a jade.

"No need." Xiao Xu answered without even looking back.

"Oh."

The first move was to trade one food for the other. If he said that he wanted to try, then she could seize the opportunity to return kindness for kindness and exchange it for his fragrant, crispy shrimp. Unfortunately, it failed.

"Your Highness, that chili chicken of yours looks nice, smells nice. It looks really delicious in appearance oh!" She said as she took an indirect approach.

"It's passable." Xiao Xu picked up a chili chicken and paused before replying back lightly.

"Oh."

Chu Qing-Yan gnashed her teeth, at this moment, shouldn't he be gentlemanly and smoothly ask if she wanted to try it?

The second move also failed.

Just when Chu Qing-Yan was racking her brain trying to think of her third move, Xiao Xu's cold tone floated over.

"If you want something, just say it directly."

Chu Qing-Yan heard this and subconsciously lifted her head, wouldn't she lose face to say it directly? After all, Chinese girls must pay particular attention to being tactful.

But the next sentence came.

"However, this king will not agree to it." Xiao Xu coldly looked at her before lowering his head to resume eating.

Chu Qing-Yan's originally pleasantly-surprised and expectant eyes immediately became full of blame. This Highness, did you tell a corny joke just now? Teasing a person like this, is it fun? How despicable!

Miser, I hope you drink cold water (1)!

Chu Qing-Yan angrily bit off a mouth of the chicken leg, mumbling in her heart to herself. He won't even give me a piece of shrimp!