(158) A Tenderness He Couldn't Let Go

It was a soft sticky rice tone that had the intent of wrapping around a person like silk.

Xiao Xu had no choice but to admit: That moment, his heart seemed to have been heavily bumped into by something.

When he was young, he was the prince from the official wife. There were only people who fawned on him or were careful around him.

From that moment when he put on the mask, everyone shunned him and feared him.

Right now his status had taken a nosedive, there were even less people around him.

There have never been anyone who used such a firm and timid gaze to tell him how she was unwilling to be parted from him, won't give up to grab onto him, crying to say she was unwilling to let him go. Without any benefit to her, without any purpose, she only wanted to be by his side.

The city wall that was forged from ice and snow at this moment was opened by her.

"On this journey, we may not be able to eat meat and sleep outside. It's not like the life of luxury inside the manor." He looked at her saying in an even tone, not missing any of her reactions.

"I'm not afraid. I have already stayed in Mao Village for so long, haven't I survived just fine?" Chu Qing-Yan smilingly replied. If Big Block of Ice was only worried about this, then there was no need. She wasn't that kind of spoiled and pampered young Miss of a rich family that was picky about her food and clothing.

Xiao Xu continued to ask. "Maybe it won't just be three to five years. The journey will be full of hardship, not as easy as you might have imagined."

Chu Qing-Yan looked at him. "I'm not afraid of suffering hardship. You don't need to be worried about these. None of these are problems. She had become a strong woman that could fix water pipes, change light bulbs, carry a tank of propane gas, and fix the ceiling okay?

The person in front of him didn't even hesitate as she replied to him. This made his heart tremble slightly.

Xiao Xu's thin lips pursed slightly as he seriously said. "If it is a road of no return?" Would you still like to accompany this king to continue walking down that kind of road?

Chu Qing-Yan's eyes narrowed. It's no wonder Fire Spirit and Earth Spirit were so worried. It turned out that this time, it really wasn't a good task!

Without the slightest hesitation, she shook her head. "Not afraid."

Xiao Xu gave a soft sigh. In the end, he compromised and pulled her into his arms.

"Remember what you said today."

"I won't forget it."

Convincing her while at the same time he was also trying to convince himself.

Reason told him that he shouldn't bring her along at his side. There will be difficulties and danger throughout the journey. He may even have difficulties protecting his own life, let alone talk about protecting her.

But deep from within his heart came a voice that won't stop. Bring her along, bring her along——

In the end, he still couldn't let her go.

It may be because no one could abandon the only light in their life.

Having lacked warmth for so long, it was no wonder he would value it so much.

He never thought the little girl child he wanted to raise by chance would become his only concern in the capital.

You ought to live carefreely and without worries, but in the end I am too fond of this hard to come by warmth, and because of my own selfishness, will bring you to leave with me.