(77) Playing with Scallion in High Spirits

Looking at the childlike expression of the person in front of him, Xiao Xu subconsciously wanted to turn around and leave, but when he moved, Daddy Chu also immediately moved!

Daddy Chu blocked him, his earlier expression of joy had already turned to being wronged, "Son-in-law, do you dislike daddy? You clearly didn't before! You obediently let me carry you home! You also agreed to help me weave a fishnet and accompany me to play——"

Daddy Chu still hadn't finished talking when Xiao Xu interrupted him. "At that time, this king could not talk, when did I ever promise you?"

Daddy Chu's expression was that of terror as if Xiao Xu was planning to go back on his promise. "At that time you also didn't disapprove ah! Don't you know, silence means tacit approval? Even Cai Cai understands this principle ah. And you still consider yourself a prince!"

Xiao Xu's impulse was to want to burn with rage. However, when he saw the cautious and solemn expression Daddy Chu used to look at him, his anger all of a sudden was extinguished. In the end, he compromised.

"This king still has matters to attend to now and can't accompany you to play. This king will leave Fire Spirit behind, if you have any matter, just go look for him." Not wanting to argue with him again, Xiao Xu recalled the matter of investigating the case and he immediately had thoughts of leaving.

"Master, by all means you can't ah! This subordinate still has, still has to help you deal with matters, how could I remain behind here?" Fire Spirit didn't think that the laugh he sneaked in was caught by master and that the punishment would fall down so quickly. His face immediately had a bitter expression.

Daddy Chu shot a glare at Fire Spirit. "You are contemptuous of me, I'm even more contemptuous of you!" He turned around to face Xiao Xu and his expression became affable again. "No matter, you just have to accompany daddy to play for a hour and it will be fine. It won't delay your matters."

To play?

These two words were how far away from him ah! As if starting from when he was born, childhood joy and naivete never belonged to him.

Xiao Xu silently looked at the person before him. In the end, he didn't say a word and tacitly agreed.

Fire Spirit had both hands over his eyes, not daring to believe that master would actually agree to this outrageous request.

But he couldn't feel outrageous after what happened next.

Because——

Daddy Chu pointed to the pond and said to Xiao Xu. "Son-in-law, I want the lotus leaves!"

Xiao Xu said to Fire Spirit. "Go then!"

Fire Spirit accepted the order and flew over. He picked one lotus leaf, flew back and then gave it to Daddy Chu.

Daddy Chu pointed to the pond and said to Xiao Xu. "Son-in-law, I want that pebble!"

Xiao Xu said to Fire Spirit. "Heard that?"

Fire Spirit face had a wailing expression but immediately dashed over. He fished up a pebble, then handed it over to Daddy Chu.

Daddy Chu pointed to the pond and said to Xiao Xu. "Son-in-law, I want that fish!"

Without waiting for master to turn his head and give the orders, Fire Spirit's ears already drooped down and he flew over in resignation. In passing, he grabbed his long sword, wanting to pierce that mobile fish with one strike.

How could he have foreseen that Daddy Chu would suddenly call out. "Wait, I want a live one!"

Fire Spirit couldn't retract his strength in time and his inner force leaked, causing his whole body to fall straight into the pond.