(26) A Thunder Striking Out of the Blue Really Scares People

As Chu Qing-Yan accepted the imperial edict, Eunuch Cao gave her a meaningful look. Then, under the urging of the Chu Family for him to stay, he slowly left.

Chu Qing-Yan, who was in a state of shock, simply hadn't returned to her senses. Therefore, she missed Eunuch Cao's deep meaningful gaze.

Inside the great hall, everybody was hypocritically giving their congratulations. The Chu Family also felt awkward about this, thus, they threw this 'hot potato' matter of the bestowed marriage to Chu Qing-Yan. Now, she was being pushed to do something beyond her abilities, to force her to move to Prince Ying's Manor. At that time, if anything were to happen, it would have no relation to the Chu family. This was something to be secretly delighted with. However, some people's hearts were filled with unease. Even though Prince Ying was not doted on by the Western Xuan's Emperor, and the news and comments about him were very bad, nevertheless, for good or bad, he was still a prince. So, seeing how Chu Qing-Yan just climbed up the social ladder in one move, like a sparrow flying to the top branch and becoming a phoenix (1), left a bad taste in their mouths.

How could Chu Qing-Yan know the calculative and tricky thoughts these people harbored? Her head was still in a blank state, she didn't even know how she finally returned to her room, with the imperial edict clasped in her hands.

As she stepped inside the room, Mother Chu came up to welcome her. Her face was filled with sorrow and helplessness, "Cai Cai, just now, mother had already heard the servants talk. Does His Majesty really want you to move into Prince Ying's Manor, the Prince Ying who has a terrible reputation? What would be the best thing for us to do?"

After hearing such genuine concern, Chu Qing-Yan's scattered thoughts finally gathered together. She turned towards Mother Chu, whose face was full of worry, and a burst of warmth spread through her heart. With a smile, she said, "Mother, don't say it so pessimistically. Isn't it just moving homes? In the future, won't I still have to marry over? Moving earlier or later, there really isn't that much difference. Besides, if I move over now, I could get used to my future lifestyle sooner. It's still a good thing."

Chu Qing-Yan's heart wasn't fully prepared for this impromptu idea of Western Xuan Emperor's. Although she was saying it to comfort Mother Chu, her heart also calmed down a bit as she kept on talking. Her tone had become more firm by the end of her talk.

"Only, from now on, daughter will not be nearby, so daughter may not be able to wait on Father and Mother frequently. Father and Mother must take good care of yourselves in the future!"

Chu Qing-Yan's gaze swept past Mother Chu's shoulder and landed on Daddy Chu, who was quietly lying on the bed, sleeping peacefully. Her gaze became soft. Fortunately, she was able to establish her authority within the Chu Family. So, for a short period of time, the Chu Family still wouldn't dare to treat her parents unfairly. This made her heart feel slightly more at ease.

Mother Chu wiped away the tears that gathered at the corner of her eyes, her heart somewhat soothed, "Cai Cai, mother discovered that ever since that time you were injured, your whole person changed."

Changed?

Chu Qing Yan inwardly cried out 'not good'. Did her mother detect something was not right with her?

Just as cold sweat started to form on Chu Qing-Yan's forehead, Mother Chu placed a hand on top of her head and lightly sighed, "You've become much more sensible and you handle matters much more appropriately than us, your parents. If not for this bestowed marriage, Cai Cai would've had a more blessed and dependable future."

It turns out that she had thought too much. Chu Qing-Yan gave a breath of relief and lifted her hands to embrace her mom, burying her head and rubbing it against her mother's chest. In a spoiled tone, she said, "Mother, this daughter is still a child. Don't always bring up the matter of marriage or this daughter will be bashful!"