(198) Big Block of Ice was at a loss of what to do

I originally thought with my back to the large tree, I could cool off in the shade.

But I never thought that one day, the large tree would also encounter howling winds and torrential rain. He could also get injured.

Is it because I'm too self-confident or too good at self-deception?

Feeling sad about the little fellow's dependence on him that suddenly arose, momentarily Xiao Xu was at a loss as to what to do. In the end, he could only extend a hand to stroke her back. Using silence to accompany her, to dissolve the deep sadness in her heart.

"Big Block of Ice, I'm sorry. I didn't intentionally force you. I'm only worried about you." She clenched the cloth at his chest tightly while saying this apologetically.

"En." Xiao Xu gently stroked her back.

"Big Block of Ice, could you promise me that in the future if you get injured, you won't take the burden on by yourself, okay?" She tried to persuade him.

His finger paused, a moment later he started to move it again. "En."

Chu Qing-Yan let out a breath of relief, then continued to say. "You must cherish yourself. If you don't even treat yourself well, who else would cherish you?"

Xiao Xu all of a sudden felt this was funny. Was this little fellow trying to teach him how to conduct himself in society? "En."

"If there are things that make you sad, you can tell it to me. Even if I can't help you resolve it, I can still share the suffering with you." Chu Qing-Yan continued to say endlessly.

But in the end when she didn't hear his reply after a long time, she struggled to get up. But she was pushed back into his embrace by the person above her. "You are still young, your shoulder is too weak. It's best to let this king do it alone!"

Chu Qing-Yan heard this and curled her lip. Where was she small? Wasn't it only her height that was slightly shorter? Where was she weak, wasn't it because her strength wasn't very great?

"Rest well, you don't need to worry about other things. As long as you take care of yourself, that will save this king a lot of work." Xiao Xu said faintly.

"What about your wound?" Chu Qing-Yan was not assured.

"With Air Spirit present, what do you need to be worried about? Go to sleep, you have already tossed for a day." Xiao Xu interrupted her words and said in a tone that allowed no protest.

Chu Qing-Yan felt today she had challenged his bottom line. It was time she quit while she was still ahead. Moreover, right now she was forcefully propping herself up, her body couldn't endure it anymore. As a result, she cleverly nodded her head and found a cozy position in his arms. Soon after, she fell asleep.

Xiao Xu looked at the little fellow sleeping peacefully in his arms. A myriad of complicated expressions flashed through his eyes.

Starting from when they exited the capital, he didn't care that much about his own body. But this little fellow always used her own ways to remind him over and over again. Her unique position in his heart made him unwilling to give her up.

After settling her on the bed, he pulled up the covers, only then did Xiao Xu turn to leave.

Once he exited the room, a subordinate came upstairs to report. "Master, Honorable Fire Spirit has returned."

Hearing this, Xiao Xu went downstairs and saw Fire Spirit's group.

Everyone in Fire Spirit's group more or less had some injuries. Seeing their family's Highness coming down the stairs, they immediately went up to greet him.