(187) The Stormy Night Exposed a Clue

Dinner was still prepared by Huang Yi.

Inside the back kitchen, Huang Yi's hand gripped the cleaver, very carefully slicing the vegetables.

At this moment, the cook with knife scars carried some Chinese cabbage and entered the kitchen.

"Miss, these Chinese cabbages are very fresh. Do you need to add another dish for your master using this?"

Huang Yi turned her head and saw that the cabbages indeed were very fresh, there were water droplets on the leaves and its roots even had some soil. Looks like these cabbages had just been picked from the field.

The cook with knife scars saw her gaze land on these cabbages, and immediately moved the basket towards her a bit. "Miss Huang Yi, don't need to be polite. It should have been me making dishes for you guys to eat, how could I have known your skills are even better than mine? Moreover, you guys gave us more than enough money, these cabbages aren't worth much money."

Although Huang Yi's heart was a bit moved, the little consort's orders were still in her ears, therefore she shook her head and tactfully declined. "No need, thank you big brother."

Done with her speech, Huang Yi continued to cut up the vegetables with her head lowered. Fortunately, before leaving the manor, the little consort asked her to prepare some ingredients that was convenient and not easily spoiled. Otherwise, in this kind of circumstances, where would she go to find these things to cook meals with?

The cook with knife scars saw that they simply didn't appreciate the kindness and his heart couldn't help but be somewhat anxious.

Originally, he wanted to make use of this matter to form a bit of friendship, so he could spread the cover for the matter following this. But to no avail, these people were all completely on guard.

Done making dinner, Huang Yi ordered the servants to bring it out.

Chu Qing-Yan and others were already seatted around the table. They waited until the food was brought up and arranged properly before everyone's chopsticks started to move.

"Stinky boy, don't forget you still owe me five plates of pastries!" the Retired Emperor bit a steamed bun as he reminded her by stressing each word as if afraid she won't acknowledge the debt.

The hand Chu Qing-Yan was using to pick up food paused, she took a glance at the Retired Emperor who was looking at her covetously and somewhat helplessly said "Grandpa, having interacted for so long, how could you still not be at ease about my moral character?"

The Retired Emperor had an appearance of "I don't care, in any case you can't renege."

She felt like she was also drunk.

Eating at the table, dinner passed with the two people's jesting. Xiao Xu had always ignored these two people's squabbles.

After finishing dinner, Huang Yi brought the servants to tidy up. Chu Qing-Yan walked about in the lobby to aid in digestion.

"Ah——" A bowl landed on the ground and broke.

Chu Qing-Yan looked toward the sound and saw Huang Yi and a lower servant crouched down to clean up those broken pieces. She walked over and heard the servant say to Huang Yi "Older sister Huang Yi, what is wrong with you today? How come you have been so absent minded all along?"

"Nothing is wrong with me." Huang Yi lifted her head, and saw the little consort standing on the side. She immediately got up to make her salutation.

"Huang Yi, you walk with me for a bit." Chu Qing-Yan let the kitchen servant tidy up the debris on the ground while she turned to say this to Huang Yi.