(74) The Young Highness's Concern

For the next two days, the newly arrived servant Zi Yi made known her status as Xiao Xu's Senior servant girl, she always had her chin up high, arrogantly ordering Xi Ning around. She acted even more like a master than Chu Qing-Yan the actual master.

However, Chu Qing-Yan let her to do as she pleased. Having a person who showed all her feelings on her face by her side was always better than having a person who hid a dagger behind a smile.

Whereas Xi Ning had always been simple-minded and never put this person in her eyes. As long as she didn't bully her master, then it was fine.

Because the courtyard arranged for Chu Qing-Yan before was truly too remote, Xiao Xu ordered people to pack her stuff up and he arranged for her to live in the Jade Courtyard.

Since before she started to recuperate from the injuries till now, Chu Qing-Yan had always lived in the Jade Courtyard. As a result, there were no inconveniences, moreover, she didn't have a lot of stuff. She asked Xi Ning to pack it all up and moved over.

Jade Courtyard was much livelier than that little courtyard of hers, at the very least there were 20 to 30 servants. Only, everyone was well-behaved and knew the rules. Everyone of them knew very well that His Highness Prince Ying wasn't fond of people being noisy, so everyone walked around with cat-like steps, quiet and noiseless.

However, today, don't know for what reason, but there was a bit of clamor outside. She was just about to ask Xi Ning when she suddenly heard an announcement that Fourth Prince had arrived. She couldn't help but narrow her eyes, what did this person come here for?

After the words were spoken, a youth dressed in embroidered clothes entered the room as if responding to that voice.

Under Hong Yi's guidance, Xiao Ran walked to the front of Chu Qing-Yan with large strides. Seeing her complexion was pretty good, the heart that was always raised up high dropped down in relief.

"I heard from royal brother that you sprained an ankle, so this prince kindly came by to look at you." Xiao Ran sat down on the chair the servants pulled over and pretended to say this casually.

In fact, he specifically sneaked out from the royal palace for this trip. If it was not for Eldest Royal brother entering the palace to see Father the Emperor yesterday, after which he pulled Eldest royal brother to a stop and asked a few words, he wouldn't have known the matter of her being injured. He originally had a bit of guilt in his heart towards her, and this time, it deepened even more.

Moreover, ever since that day when they hurriedly separated at the city wall, afterwards that pair of pure watery eyes would emerge in his mind from time to time as if it was a lake full of stars, making him unable to forget it for a long time. Her features would always waver in front of his eyes without dispersing, making him unable to rest or eat in peace.

He thought it must be because for these 12 years he had never brought disaster to anyone, thus he must be feeling guilty towards Chu Qing-Yan so that was why his head would be filled with her.

So today, he took advantage of when his mother concubine wasn't paying attention and stealthily brought his imperial bodyguards over to Prince Ying manor, all just to see her once to properly say an apology to her. Then it may be assumed that those strange feelings would dissipate.

However, he had always been up high and was accustomed to it. Normally it was always other people fawning over him, he had never lowered his head to anybody so his tone when he started to talk was extremely arrogant, as if to say this prince had moved his honorable self to come and see you, you consider this your blessing. As expected, in a short while, this attitude ruffled Chu Qing-Yan's feathers.