(170) A Good Opportunity To Take Off The Mask

When that sentence sounded by her ear, Chu Qing-Yan was somewhat stunned as she turned her head to look at the person leaning on her shoulder.

"Mother Empress, this son knows. Ten years before, you had already wanted to abandon this son."

Softly spoken words that carried a touch of a sigh, despair and loneliness.

It was as if she heard the sorrow that came from the deepest part of his heart.

Chu Qing-Yan bit her teeth to force back the tears that were about to overflow from her eye sockets. She raised her head, not letting it flow out.

Ten years ago, was it because of that huge fire?

She opened her mouth and wanted to take advantage of this opportunity to ask what really happened at that time. But that pair of slightly closed eyes covered up all its brilliance. It also gave off a serenity that other people could not bear to disturb.

His lips were moist like a pool of water. If Big Block of Ice was a female, anyone who saw this scene would want to get close to him. But she immediately stopped this thought.

In the end, what exactly happened ten years ago? These three words had already become a knot in Big Block of Ice's heart. It had also become her curse.

Chu Qing-Yan secretly made a firm resolution in her heart, she must find out the truth of what happened that year!

With one of her hands on Big Block of Ice's shoulder, the other hand embracing his waist, she moved him step by step towards the main courtyard.

No matter how hard it was up ahead, don't worry, I will accompany you!

You are tired, I'll lend you my shoulder. You are cold, my arms are wide open to hug you.

Maybe my shoulder isn't wide enough, maybe my hug isn't warm enough. But as long as you need it, I'll be there.

Although I'm not very strong and don't have wealth that filled the sky, but whatever I have, I'm willing to give it all to you.

Besides my parents, you were the first person that was good to me. I, Chu Qing-Yan will engrave this forever in my heart.

Although this road wasn't far, Chu Qing-Yan used a full hour to move the person at her side to the main courtyard.

Waiting at the doorway of the courtyard was Hong Yi and Cheng Yi. Seeing her and him like this, they were startled at first. Soon after, they came up, one on the left and one on the right, planning to lend their arms to support their family's Highness.

"Little consort, it's been hard on you. It's better to let us servants do this!" Hong Yi smilingly said.

Chu Qing-Yan felt this was also good and she was just about to nod when she felt the person leaning against her tightly hug her with both hands. Suddenly, his even brows wrinkled, as if very much repulsed by other women's touch. Chu Qing-Yan saw this and sighed softly.

Big Block of Ice's temper of not letting people touch him could be expressed so clearly even when he was drunk. But this way was also good, a man with self-control would only make people feel more assured.

As a result, Chu Qing-Yan lifted her hand and stopped Hong Yi and Cheng Yi's approach. With a great deal of effort, she squeezed out a smile. "No need, I already helped him to get here, these last few steps are nothing."

Hong Yi and Cheng Yi heard this and they had no choice but to withdraw. Hong Yi's expression still remained worried but Cheng Yi's expression had become ugly.

She had just finished speaking when Chu Qing-Yan could sharply feel the hand that was so tightly wrapped around her making it hard for her to breath finally relax. Chu Qing-Yan rejoiced that she had guessed right his thoughts. But following this also made it hard on herself.