(105) Having to See That Face Everyday Makes One More Despondent

Subconsciously, Chu Qing-Yan's hand gripped his even tighter.

Xiao Xu felt the power coming from the small hand in his hand. He couldn't help but lower his eyes, using his expression to ask.

He saw that her eyes were full of the remaining sunlight from the setting sun, gentle and warm.

"In the future I'll accompany you to wait. One person waiting is too lonely, two people can talk."

Xiao Xu stared blankly for a bit, soon after he lifted a hand and placed it on her head. The fine black hair under his hand was soft like satin, he merely caressed it lightly and did not speak.

It was rare that Chu Qing-Yan also didn't speak, she only looked quietly at the palace door in front of her. Suddenly, she heard the sound of the palace door being opened.

Afterwards, she saw a youth in white colored, silk crew neck embroidered robe walk out of the palace door, being sent out respectfully by the palace servants.

Xiao Ran.

The Xiao Ran inside the imperial palace's embroidered clothes was exquisite and gorgeous, unlike the him outside of the palace dressed simply with a noble air.

Clearly, Xiao Ran saw the people outside the gates at one glance, and a smile immediately blossomed on his strict little face. As he walked over with quick steps, he saw those two hands held together with Elder Royal Brother's other hand intimately placed on Chu Qing-Yan's head. His heart suddenly felt somewhat upset, this kind of feeling he had never experienced before. The smiling expression on his face suddenly froze.

And Eunuch Cao also came out of the palace doors at this moment, bowed and smiled towards the people who had waited for a long time. "His Majesty asks you guys to go in."

Xiao Xu nodded to the Fourth Prince who was walking towards him from up ahead, whereas Chu Qing-Yan was nervous because of Emperor Xuan's summons, therefore the two of them did not sense that something was wrong with Xiao Ran.

Xiao Ran turned around to look at the two people enter the palace side-by-side, up until that door closed before he returned to his senses. He somewhat blamed himself, clenching his fists tightly. Just now, what was wrong with him?

Entering the palace, Chu Qing-Yan furtively sized up the surroundings. A gold plated incense burner with silver bamboo sticks was burning at the corner, giving off smoke and a sweet fragrance. The four-goat square Zun (1) was arranged on the table. The long string of palace lanterns hung up high. The carefully polished, horn shaped jade cup under the illumination of the palace lanterns gave off a warm, tranquil, sleek luster like a beautiful handcrafted scenery. No matter which corner you looked at, it manifested the powerful characteristics of grandeur.

"Pays respect to Father the emperor." Xiao Xu brought Chu Qing-Yan to kneel down with him.

"Pays respect to Your Majesty." She respectfully said at his side.

"Waited for long?" A voice came from up ahead.

Although it was said like this, Chu Qing-Yan didn't hear a bit of the expected apology in his tone.

She lifted her head and saw a male wearing a golden beaded crown on his head. His inner clothing was clearly yellow with wide sleeves. His outer jacket was a deep golden color with no sleeves and bent collar. The line from the collar to the sleeves was decorated with embroidery using golden thread. On both sides of the shoulders, dragons were embroidered. He just sat upright like that on the imperial throne, imposing and pressing, incomparably respectable.

Chu Qing-Yan's eyes fixed to look, Emperor Xuan's appearance was projected to her eyes. High nose bridge, plump pair of ears, appearance was tall and sturdy. Sword like eyebrows with tiger like eyes, giving off a monarch's aura through speech and mannerism.