(59) Raising a Child is also Pretty Good

After Xiao Xu left, Huang Yi entered carrying a tray of melon-type fruits.

Seeing Huang Yi, Chu Qing-Yan greeted her in a very good mood, "Older Sister Huang, the honey preserved fruit you make is really delicious!" Supplementing the words with an adorable smiling face.

Huang Yi pursed her lips and smiled. Before, she'd blamed herself for Chu Qing-Yan getting poisoned. She had already prepared herself to be punished by her, yet she never thought that she still treated her the same with a smiling face. Huang Yi felt this child was really forgiving, so she treated her with even more heart.

"It is this servant's duty." Huang Yi placed the tray of fruit in her hands before her.

Chu Qing-Yan had already seen the purplish-red bayberry that she carried and was drooling with desire, so seeing this, she received it without being too polite. She picked one up and put it in her mouth. It was so sweet that it made her feel very happy.

"Older sister Huang, you treat Qing-Yan really well!" Thinking of the honey preserved fruit from before, Chu Qing-Yan was all smiles, expressing her thanks.

Huang Yi smilingly shook her head, "That was something His Highness specifically ordered this servant to prepare. Even this red bayberry was sent by the servants just now. His Highness took a glance and let this servant deliver it to you to enjoy to your heart's content."

Huang Yi recalled when master came out of this room a moment ago, his whole body was emitting an intensely cold air, so she was guessing whether this Chu family's Miss had provoked his anger. However after hearing Sister Hong's report, His Highness didn't even have to think before letting her bring over the red bayberries. These two masters' way of interacting makes people extremely curious ah!

The red bayberry that had just entered her mouth got stuck in her throat and almost suffocated her. Huang Yi was so frightened that she immediately went forward to pat her back. Only then was Chu Qing-Yan able to vigorously cough it out. Huang Yi rebuked her and warned her with several sentences before leaving to do her work.

When only she remained in the room, her face revealed a rare look of bewilderment.

It is only when she's alone that she slightly lowers the guards around her heart.

She looked at the dark purple red bayberry in her hand and remained perplexed despite much thought.

Xiao Xu, in the end, what kind of mentality was he using to treat her?

The first time they met, he was estranged, cold and detached.

After entering the manor, letting her accompany him for meals, making her attend to him when writing. Time and time again she tested his bottom line, yet it always seemed like punching cotton, he imperceptibly blocked then returned it.

To personally teach her to write characters, even though his requirements were harsh, she still didn't see him giving up on her dog-like scribbles.

After being poisoned, he didn't allow the poison to run its course for her to perish. Rather, he ordered people to pull her out from the hands of Yama, King of Hell.

Wasn't he supposed to watch her die of poison and then have this perfectly justifiable reason to set aside this marriage everyone in the prince's manor was dissatisfied with? Why was he willing to lower his noble self to feed her?

She had always felt that the Prince's manor was only tolerant towards her, this kind of tolerance wasn't from fondness of wanting to accommodate her, but perfunctory reverence based on the imperial edict.

She had also waited for them, otherwise the servants wouldn't stand it anymore and explode.

Although these days she still suffered having little things made deliberately difficult for her, but it wasn't worth mentioning. She looked as if she lived carefree without worries, but in reality, she was scared inside, because waiting for the unknown explosion to happen still made her restless.