(68) The Hero that saved the Beauty was a Buddhist Monk

In the middle of the city center, a deranged horse carriage appeared unexpectedly. The common people dodged it one after another, and cries of misery rose and fell in succession.

Very quickly, Chu Qing-Yan hazily felt those screams getting farther and farther away, and could only hear the bitter neighing of the horse.

Chu Qing-Yan opened her eyes and by coincidence, the carriage curtains was lifted up high by the speed of the horse. She muddle-headedly looked out and in an instant, she widened her eyes, terrified.

One couldn't blame her for being terrified, because there was no road in front of the horse carriage, only the city wall of the capital.

However the horse didn't seem to sense this; with a spurt of energy, it rushed forward without any drop in speed.

Was she going to lose her life like this?

A feeling of despair bubbled up from Chu Qing-Yan's heart.

Really wanted to see daddy and mommy one more time.

She hopelessly closed her eyes.

If Xiao Xu couldn't find her, would he come search for her?

Will there be a miracle?

The corner of her mouth drew into a bitter smile, at this kind of critical moment, the first person she thought of was actually him!

The sound of horse's hooves burst out, stamping on the ground and sending the dust flying.

She faintly heard the tower bell sounds and the sounds from a wooden fish instrument (1).

Chu Qing-Yan didn't pay much attention to it, but she clearly felt the jolting horse carriage seemingly slowing down and the violent sound of the horse's neighing seemingly weakening.

The result of this development was that the sound of the tower bell was crisp, while the sound of wooden fish instrument became clearer, accompanied by a soothing incantation seemingly revolving around the ear, like a burst of continued rain suddenly falling on the stiflingly hot and agitated earth.

Chu Qing-Yan in surprise felt the speed of the horse carriage gradually slow down and in a blink of an eye, it had already slowed to a stop.

Chu Qing-Yan didn't think much more and immediately lifted open the carriage curtain. She was dumbfounded by her current situation after a glance.

The city wall was just three steps away from the horse, ash grey bricks that built the firm wall, made Chu Qing-Yan's face slightly discolored. She didn't dare to linger and dragged her body and quickly got out, afraid that the horse would go crazy once again.

One unstable step caused her to fall to the ground, stirring the dust that covered the ground. She choked on a mouthful of dust, her entire person cutting a sorry figure; but in a life and death situation, who would still care about this bit of image?

Just when Chu Qing-Yan propped her hands on the ground and was about to crawl up, she once again heard the sound of tower bells, the only difference was that this time, it was almost within reach.

"Female benefactor, are you well?" A light tone entered her ears like wind and rain. It entered the ear softly but not charmingly, like a sleek thin object that was noiseless.

She looked towards the source of the sound and only saw a white clothed person with brocaded belt standing before the horse. Looking from her short dusty body's point of view, the reddish brown mane of the horse blocked that person's face. She only saw a holy hand with a halo placed on top of the horse's head seemingly pacifying the agitated horse. What was more amazing was that, the horse really became calm under his light stroking.