(31) Pack Your Bags and Please be on Your Way

After returning to Prince Ying's Manor, Xiao Xu had just sat in a chair when a shadow suddenly appeared in front of him.

"Paying my respects to Master." After the shadow appeared, he immediately kneeled down in salute.

Xiao Xu raised his eyebrows, saw a travel-worn subordinate, and then folded back his sleeves while saying, "Get up."

Once Fire Spirit saw the person that came, his hairs immediately stood up, "Earth Spirit, weren't you still in Qin Ling just a few days ago? How is it that you came back so quickly?"

"If I still haven't returned, then the consequences would be beyond repair!" The person called Earth Spirit eyed Fire Spirit with a mocking gaze.

Normally, these two people always found each other disagreeable. Every time they came across each other, they would always quarrel. Xiao Xiu had already gotten used to this. He lifted up the lid with an unruffled calm manner amongst chaos, and then gently covered the teacup.

"What do you mean beyond repair? Are you scolding me indirectly?" Fire Spirit heard the fighting opposition in his words, immediately, his hair fried (1) and he was on the verge of exploding. If the other party dared to say one word of yes, he wouldn't hold back anymore.

Earth Spirit looked at him disdainfully, not wanting to continue this dispute with him. He immediately turned back around to face his master with a solemn and respectful face to say, "Master, His Majesty stuffed this marriage to you using stiff arm tactics, why didn't you resist? You clearly know that if this marriage was to be completed, your position in Western Xuan empire would——" Earth Spirit looked at his master in front of him who had an expression that was submerged in water, the rest of the words got stuck in his throat. With hate and regret, he continued, "Highness, you repeatedly conceded, but they were never content with your concessions. Is Your Highness still going to continue to endure it? The princess consort position, whether it is light or serious, it's not like you don't know!"

"Do you want this king to defy the imperial edict?" Xiao Xu wasn't enraged by what his subordinate had said, instead, he only calmly inquired.

"Don't need to defy the imperial edict, let this subordinate get rid of that Chu family's Miss. If there isn't a bride for the bestowed marriage, then the wedding won't happen!" Earth Spirit revealed a bloodthirsty, cold smile.

Unfortunately——

"Nonsense!" Xiao Xu slammed his teacup on the table with a 'bang'. His voice was not loud, but it was enough to cause the people at the scene to lower their heads in fear.

Even though it was Earth Spirit, he still couldn't help but to kneel down, he bit his lips and stubbornly lifted his head to look at his master in front of him, "Master, this subordinate is not making trouble, it's just that I can't stand aside and helplessly watch you——"

"Silence. Since when were you guys allowed to question this king's matters?" Xiao Xu coldly looked at him, "Earth Spirit, don't forget your identity."

Earth Spirit lowered his head, gritting his teeth to say, "This subordinate doesn't dare."

"This marriage has already been finalized. Even if there is no Chu family, there will still be the Li family, Lin family and the Chen family. Therefore, this king will not allow you guys to intervene!" Xiao Xu said in a slow and irrefutable manner as his gaze swept over everyone. Soon after, he flung his sleeves and left.

Not only did Earth Spirit and Fire Spirit hear the resoluteness in his words, they could also detect a trace of sorrow.

That's right, ah. Even if they wipe out Chu Family, Western Xuan's Emperor would chose another candidate.