(111) Shouldn't be Adept at Showering Affection on an Uninterested Party

Xiao Ran who was just about to stealthily sneak away was called to a stop. His body turned around somewhat stiffly. "Mother Concubine."

"Where do you want to go?" Concubine smiled but her eyes were narrowed. Her expression had an indescribable gentleness and threat.

Xiao Ran recalled all those methods she used to handle things just now, his heart slightly ached in sorrow. "Mother Concubine, this son wants to return to his palace."

"Really? It's not to go find your Elder Royal brother right?" Concubine Yue still maintained that expression.

Xiao Ran didn't expect his thought would be seen through so quickly. He lowered his head and bit his teeth to deny it. "It's not to go find Elder Royal Brother, I really am going back to my palace."

Concubine Yue smiled slightly, and immediately, her side view with that unforgettable, moon like gaze became dissatisfied. Her tone in an instant became cold. "Do you guys know where you went wrong?"

Mo Wang and Liu Li-Yue immediately kneeled down from fear. "This slave/ this servant...."

"Nanny Rong, drag these two people away." Concubine Yue said coldly.

Xiao Ran originally thought he had escaped this calamity, he didn't expect Mother Concubine didn't forget this crime and placed the blame on the other two. He immediately ran to the front of these two people and somewhat incomprehensibly asked. " Mother Concubine, what wrong did they commit?"

"They didn't dissuade their master from making a big blunder. Mother Concubine assigned them to your side so they could remind you and assist you, and not to abet their own master to come rebel against Mother Concubine." Concubine wouldn't allow an explanation and ordered Mo Wang and Liu Li-Yue to be dragged down.

"Fourth Highness, save this slave...."

"Ah! Niang Niang spare this one's life ah! Fourth Highness spare this one's life ah——"

Those cries came one after another, in the wake of the sounds from flesh being lacerated in punishment. Xiao Ran couldn't bear it and turned his eyes away. The pain slowly flowed from his eyes. He had seen Mother Concubine punish the palace people many times, however, this was the first time his heart couldn't repress the nameless emotions!

Concubine Yue coldly watched as the place people punished the two with wooden boards. She slowly said to Xiao Ran. "Slaves that don't listen to instructions must be punished. You can't bear it, then let Mother Concubine do it! Ran'er, you must believe Mother Concubine is doing this for your own good!"

The sounds of begging for forgiveness slowly stopped. Xiao Ran numbly complied. "Mother Concubine, this son knows."

That night, when Xiao Ran walked out of the Moon Palace, the people following behind him were new palace people bestowed by his Mother Concubine.

He blankly walked the path in the rear palace hall, it was the first time he couldn't see the road to go back.

"Your Highness."

"Xiang Yu, I feel so cold."

Xiang Yu who respectfully stood at the palace gate thought, clearly it was a hot summer day, why would His Highness feel cold?

What was cold wasn't his body, rather it was his heart.

On this side, Chu Qing-Yan followed behind Empress Liang and walked out of the Moon Palace. All around was a deathly stillness, the atmosphere was so stifling that people couldn't breath. The palace people in the surrounding gave off an air of rejection towards her from head to toe. Chu Qing-Yan's heart was very clear, if it was not because of saving face, Empress Liang wouldn't have possibly rushed over to save her.