(17) Open The Sunroof to Speak Clear Words

No one had foreseen that in this kind of situation, there actually was someone who dared to be openly disobedient to the parents, the head of Chu family.

However, even if it wasn't anticipated, there wasn't anyone who would take this action seriously.

And the person that did it wasn't any other person. It was done precisely by that young country bumpkin that had just been invited back to Chu family not long ago.

Therefore, everyone was all startled on the spot.

Chu Qing-Yan slowly stood up, the fearful and timid expression on her face was already put away. What appeared on her face was a calm expression beyond her age, and a faint smiling expression.

Elder Madam Chu firmly slapped the chair's armrest, "Evil creature, what did you just say?"

Evil creature?

Chu Qing-Yan's mouth lifted up a few time, really thought she was Tang Seng? That everyone would worship her?

"Great Aunt, Qing-Yun respects you as her elder, so these days, has show consideration by yielding to some degree. After all, 'respect the old and cherish the young' is a virtue passed down since time immemorial. A pity, why did these three words 'cherish the young' not appear on your body? Is it possible that the Confucian code of ethics is only abided by the younger generation, and the older generation can willfully overlook and ignore it?" Chu Qing-Yan stopped concealing her own sharpness, naturally and unrestrainedly, she stood in the center of the hall. Her spine was no longer bent, now, if they once again wouldn't accept a compromise, then what awaited them was an even more severe penalty.

"You, you, you——" Maybe it was because she had lived for so long and hadn't seen the younger generation in Chu family contradict her, Elder Madam Chu was immediately angered to the point she couldn't even speak clearly.

Madam Xing, seeing this, immediately stood out to say in a cold, strict tone, "Chu Qing-Yan, what nonsense are you saying? Elder Madam dearly loves your family of three, otherwise, she wouldn't have sent people to bring you guys back to Chu family. Rather she could have let you guys endure a desperate life of poverty. Chu Qing-Yun, you guys shouldn't ignore other's good intentions, really is ill reward for a person's kindness!"

Once Madam Xing finished speaking, Madam Wang also echoed to say, "That's right, Chu Qing-Yan, why haven't you hurried to apologize to Elder Madam? If it's not for Elder Madam, how could you guys live the life of great wealth and high position?"

"Dearly loves? A life of great wealth and high position?" Chu Qing-Yan used an extremely slow manner of speaking, as if chewing over these words, with a strong 'failing to understand' implication. This made the eyebrows of everyone from Chu family wrinkle up. Then, Chu Qing-Yan softly expelled a breath, eyes looking straight at everyone present at the scene. That clear gaze was like a mirror, everyone in Chu family, for a moment, felt they had nowhere to hide.

"Rather than saying don't know a person's kindness, it's better to say you guys are 'suspicious people bearing gifts, sure to have ill-intentions!"

"Chu Qing-Yan, what did you say?" Elder Chu, who was sitting on top observing, also couldn't remain calm.

Chu Qing-Yan's eyes slanted over, her gaze was clearly full of a faint mocking meaning, "Missing our family of three is fake. Deceiving us to come back to set up a wedding is the real intent, right, my dear Great Uncle and Great Aunt!"

Ah——

Everyone was once again caught off guard by Chu Qing-Yan's words, and stayed fixed in place, staring blankly.

"You, you, what nonsense are you saying? Don't listen to servants' talks of nonsense!" Clearly, they knew the other party already knew, but Elder Madam Chu still wanted to use her status as the elder generation to suppress it. A pity that reality wouldn't follow her desires.