(139) The Night of Full Moon, People are not United

Fourth Prince was attacked by assassins, the First Prince was locked up. In one night, the imperial court and people's hearts were anxious.

Morning court.

With Right Minister Fu Xian-Rong heading Fourth Prince's faction, the whole group was grieving and heartbroken, loudly cursing that Prince Ying was cruel and inhuman to actually harm his own brother.

While the ministers standing on Prince Ying's side refuted that this was simply a naked frame up, things shouldn't be said without proof.

Just when the people battling with words were about to fight, Western Xuan Emperor said to let the Justice of Peace Official investigate this matter.

When Left Minister Liang Cheng-Yu, Empress Liang's father, Xiao Xu's maternal grandfather stepped up to plead for Xiao Xu, Western Xuan Emperor was greatly angered and rejected his pleas.

The ministers supporting Xiao Xu all tightly closed their mouths and didn't dare to speak another word.

After Morning Court, Fourth Prince's faction coldly humphed toward Prince Ying's faction then swaggered off.

Minister Liang's face was full of anger and one minister at his side inquired in a low tone. "Esteemed Left Minister, now how should we deal with this matter?"

Minister Liang, with a calm and collected expression said. "His Majesty is always searching for matters to suppress His Highness Prince Ying. Only that after painstaking efforts, he couldn't find an opportunity. This time, His Highness originally wanted to return to the border but His Majesty doesn't want to release a tiger back into the mountains to leave any trouble behind. So this was the reason His Majesty was determined he stay behind. Now this matter happened, even if His Majesty clearly knew the mastermind behind the scenes wasn't His Highness, he would still open an eye and close the other eye. Must get His Majesty——"

Based on his speech, that minister wasn't one that had walked the path of officialdom for a few days. So he somewhat nodded his head in shock, looking at His Majesty's attitude, it could be assumed His Highness Prince Ying would have a difficult time escaping censure.

"But we still can't allow His Highness Prince Ying to carry this black pot!" The minister said in a low tone.

Minister Liang nodded. "I'm going to look for Empress and see what the Empress will say."

"Esteemed Left Minister quickly go, this humble minister will wait for your news. No matter what, this minister will advance and retreat with His Highness." The minister seriously said.

Minister Liang took a deep glance at him, this was a deputy general that had followed him for dozen years. From a small soldier at that time, along the way he surmounted all difficulty to becoming a brave general. Now he was already around fifty years old, white hair with ash grey, the straight body could hardly cover the heroicness he had back then.

Minister Liang patted his shoulder, and said "Good."

A gentleman's treaty need not be said, it was already reached.

Inside Morning Sun Palace.

Empress Liang leaned against the couch with a tired expression. Hearing her father wanted to see her, she immediately ordered people to let him in.

"This old minister pays his respects to Empress." Minister Liang bent his head in salute.

Empress Liang immediately ordered people to help him up. A father that was about to step into the doorway of being sixty years old, although his body was well-built, it was still hard to cover up his getting old day by day. Son was locked up in prison, her heart was not very happy, so seeing father in front of her, she couldn't help but feel grieved.