(49) The Noble Guest who visited is a Cute Young Boy

"Master, Little Zhuo Zi has successfully persuaded the Fourth Prince. Within the next few days, he will go to Prince Ying's manor." A person dressed as a court eunuch kneeled on the floor, reporting to the person in front of him.

"You did well. Are the other preparations done?" The muffled voice of a woman echoed faintly through the vast and empty room, seeming especially sinister and frightening.

"Master, rest assured. Everything is going according to plan."

"Then this palace (1) will quietly wait for your good news."

"As you command."

The auspicious shape of the phoenix was outlined by golden threads, which gave off a faint glow under the light of the darkened palace.

The days passed one by one and Chu Qing-Yan gradually adjusted to Xiao Xu's indeterminate mood, but he still liked to tease her. This was her own thought.

Except for the day when Xiao Xu wrote the words 'stupid' and 'foolish' on the paper, Chu Qing-Yan's simple life passed by rather comfortably. This was all because she was perfectly happy to become literate.

But from Chu Qing-Yan's perspective, Xiao Xu barely qualified as a good teacher. Her dog scribble-like writing was already acceptable to look at.

If there was anything that she wasn't satisfied with, it was that Xiao Xu's supporters looked at her with more and more impatience and despise, especially Cheng Yi.

But Chu Qing-Yan, who always pretended to be cute, was still able to capture the maternal hearts of some of the senior servants in the Jade Courtyard, such as Huang Yi and Lu Yi.

On this particular day, Chu Qing-Yan was alone in the study, practicing her characters as per usual. Occasionally, when Xiao Xu saw her posture wasn't correct or her writing looked ugly, he would promptly teach her with his hand over hers, just like the first time. Chu Qing-Yan gradually got used to their close skin contact. Her view also broadened as Xiao Xu merely saw her as a half-grown child and nothing more. As long as her heart was firm, then she wouldn't feel awkward or embarrassed.

After Chu Qing-Yan had wrote two pages of characters, a servant entered the study, and soon afterwards, Xiao Xu stepped out, instructing her to continue to write properly. Chu Qing-Yan agreed.

If it was before, she would have already goofed off, but after having arrived in the ancient era, she deeply understood the importance of being able to master a skill. However, she wasn't like a heroine in a novel, whom after crossing over, possessed a golden hand, a woman of excellent medical knowledge, or maybe had excellent martial arts skills. Least of all, farming knowledge. She only had the heart to be a rice weevil, so now, she wanted to properly learn how to write, at least at one time in the past, her writing with a brush had won her second place award in her county, okay? It was only that Xiao Xu's requirement was too high, her words, from his point of view, were crooked like dog scribbled words. She would not let him take her lightly.

And so, Chu Qing-Yan untiringly wrote several more pages of characters before putting down her brush. When she stood up, she massaged her right wrist with the other hand, when suddenly, a pair of big, dark eyes appeared in front of her eyes. She hastily took several steps back from being scared until her body hit the window ledge before she stopped.

She looked up and saw that a youngster had suddenly, silently, popped up out of nowhere. He looked lovable like white jade. He had red lips and white teeth, with long and curly eyelashes. His face looked so tender that it seemed with just a pinch, water would flow out. He looked extremely delicate, remarkably similar to a young cute boy. Only his pair of phoenix eyes were narrowed slightly, revealing a proud arrogance that considered everyone to be beneath him.