(52) Last Words of the Dying said in Imminent Peril

Huang Yi stared helplessly as Chu Qing-Yan spat out blood and fainted. She was so scared that she hurriedly called for people to come.

The people outside that heard the noise immediately barged in. Hong Yi, seeing the passed out Chu Qing-Yan once she entered the room, was shocked, but she very quickly recollected herself and immediately gave orders to handle this matter. The ones that were to report to His Highness went to report to His Highness, those that were to go get the doctor went to get the doctor, and people that were assigned to move her, moved her.

By the time Xiao Xu received the news and rushed over, Chu Qing-Yan already had a grayish complexion and was lying on the couch. He took large strides to go over and sat down on the couch. The silver mask concealed his face, so one couldn't make out whether he was happy or angry, "Has the imperial physician been sent for?"

Hong Yi immediately stepped out, "I've already sent people to invite the best doctor in the capital." Because just now was an emergency, she didn't have the prince's manor's command token to enter the palace and invite the imperial physician.

When the words finished, Xiao Xu swept a look at Fire Spirit who was at his side. Fire Spirit understood tacitly, he cupped his hands and left the room with quick steps.

Hong Yi knew that he went to the palace to ask for the imperial physician, so she ordered the servants to boil some water and prepare cotton cloth, and made people wipe Chu Qing-Yan clean.

Xiao Xu stood at the side and watched the servants do their job. An indecipherable look was in his eyes.

Hong Yi stood at his side and in a low voice with concern, said, "Your Highness, please don't be anxious. Ninth Miss Chu is worthy of Heaven's help, she will absolutely be fine."

Xiao Xu lightly nodded. He turned around and saw Huang Yi, who wanted to break out into sobs, and coldly asked, "What exactly happened?"

At this moment, Huang Yi kneeled on the floor in panic and kowtowed toward her family's Highness and said, "Your Highness, this servant also doesn't know what exactly happened. At that time, this servant carried the pastries that Fourth Prince brought over for Ninth Miss Chu to eat. Don't know why, but after just eating a piece, Ninth Miss Chu vomited blood."

Huang Yi's words scared everyone at the scene. Everyone had his or her head lowered, not daring to lift them up.

If Huang Yi's words were verified to be true, then if the pastries that the Fourth Prince brought over were not eaten by Chu Qing-Yan but eaten instead by His Highness, the consequences would have been too horrible to contemplate.

Xiao Xu heard this and looked at the fruit tray on the table that hadn't been removed. Immediately, someone stepped forward, holding a silver needle to test for poison. When he withdrew it, the silver needle had already turned black. The person's complexion changed as he looked at the deepness or shallowness of the black color. It could be said that this was not a simple, but highly toxic poison.

Xiao Xu looked at the silver needle displayed in front of his eyes by the subordinate, and the ink color of his eyes became even darker.

At this moment, the imperial physician that Fire Spirit invited from the palace, arrived.

This imperial physician was surnamed Chen, he had already worked in the palace for ten years, so his ability to discern situations was not low. When he saw Prince Ying giving off a cold aura from head to toe, and after taking a glance at the person lying on the couch, he immediately understood the immense pressure of going out of the palace this time. He had already heard of the cold-blooded and ruthless reputation of Prince Ying. Imperial physician Chen trembled as he placed a finger atop of Chu Qing-Yan's pulse, the color of his face immediately paling. He then glanced at the greenish-blue color under Chu Qing-Yan's pair of eyes as well as the purplish-red color of her lips, and his pair of legs nearly couldn't stand.