NINE~ SKATE or LIFE

Caution: this part contains
Acts of Child Abuse
**

**
TWO| Ready to Play
May 1, 2010
~

"Yo Rome can I ask you a question?" Milan asked as she picked at her burger.

It was her, Rome, and the Rods. Or as they say the nightmares of Ruby.

He wanted to treat them for what had happened to Tyler and him and what other way to do that then, their favorite fast food joint and a mini heist.

"Shoot." He ate his fry. Milan twisted her mouth to the side scared for how she should come about all of it. It's been on her mind since- that night and she wanted to get it off her chest.

"How do you get your money?" She said to the where only he and her could here. He smacked his lips, "You know where I get my money from."

"No like I mean, HOW?" She repeated her self now looking at him. Rome looked at her before he put down his fry box, "Where all this coming from?" He asked as he folded his arms.

She shook her head, "I just want some money-"

"Well here-"

"No like my own Rome." She stopped playing with her food, "I-I want my own money." She swallowed the lump in her throat.

Truth was she wanted her own money so she could go ahead and start saving. She saves she could get a ticket to where ever, money saved up she could buy an apartment, pay first month, and live happily ever after. She hadn't thought about where she just knew it had to be away from New York.

Away from Joe.

She came to conclusion that her father wasn't going to come be her knight in shinning armor like the girls in the fairy tales so, she had to be just that.

She hadn't told anyone of what he did to her and she wasn't gonna tell. The only person she did want to tell was her mother, the one person she couldn't get to talk too, but even then she thought what could she do?

Eat the words I do? Or Kill her self for leaving her with a pervert and not notice shit it was alot of things Mi wanted her to do with the guilt.

Romeo sat up straight and started to take her seriously, "Okay, why?"

"Why?" She looked confused.

"Why?" He repeated himself, "You want the money I got, you have to have a legit reason cause Ion do it for fun,"

"So what do you do it for."

"Y'all." He stated simply. "I always watched y'all when Quentin and Tyler didn't. Shit i'm y'all older brother, I'm the one keeping Ruby J house still her house paying the landlord the bills. I'm the one that keep food in y'all mouths and when y'all want it clothes on y'all backs and shit anything y'all need. I do what I do to make sure y'all don't have to, I had too. What do you want the money I have for?" He asked her seriously.

La'Romeo was always the planner, the ring leader.

What they didn't know was that he took all of the slack off them and put it on himself. He started to do what he was doing at the age of only nine. Six years later he seen more shit, none of the kids he grew up should've seen, did things none of the kids of his age should. If anything he sacrificed his childhood for them.

At only 15, La'romeo had targets on his back from men twice his age.

He wanted to know why his 10 year old little cousin wanted to bare what he had to bare. He wanted to see if it was enough for him to say "yay" to her doing it as well.