SEVENTY FOUR~ Clean Up on Elton Ave

FOURTEEN| Stray Bullets
~
November 5, 2015
11:45pm
~

Milan's leg bounced up and down continuously as she waited for her name to be called.

No one was with her, she didn't ask anybody to come.

The images of cartoon characters around the office made her stomach churn and the other women surrounding her with men with them made her feel lonely.

The only male she thought of that would come to this would be Ro considering her and Ron aren't talking at the moment and that he's still blocked.

Milan's been able to keep her sanity even with knowing Ro's not coming home until next year. Her solace attitude made her seem tough through it all; but she only felt worse at night.

"Milan Carter?" She heard her name. Standing up in reaction she grabbed her backpack and walked with the nurse.

She'd lead her in another room, smaller then the last. Sitting on the chair meant for her, she waited for the nurse to ask her questions nervous and anxious to get it over with.

"Is this your first appointment?"

Considering her last was under an alias, so she lied to her, "Yes."

"And you're 15, correct?"

"Yes ma'am." She answered humorously. The nurse went over the policy in regards of not having to tell Milan's parents about the visit—patient confidentiality type of thing and since it wasn't for anything serious Milan agreed to it all.

Minutes later the real doctor came in with a warm smile on her face. "Hello Ms. Carter, I'm Doctor Janice Knox, but you can just call me Jane. How are you?" Her brown skin beamed, Mi smiled in response.

"Hi," she sighed. "Ima little nervous not gone lie." Mi spoke honestly, "I told the nurse it's my first time being pregnant but I lied."

"Oh." Jane nodded, "So you're aware of what goes on during the first check up—"

"That's why I'm here." Mi huffed, "My last pregnancy—last time the doctors told me, the next time I tried it, it would've been harder for me to you know— get pregnant." She told her scarcely, "What does this mean?"

Jane took in what she was told and gathered enough information in that statement but no enough, "You're last pregnancy was complicated?" She asked going into Mi's hospital records seeing as though— it was more complicated then she thought no pregnancy records at all but she sure did give birth.

"No, not until the ending." Mi told her, thoroughly, "They Uhm I had to get a C-section but the doctors you know they- they told me when I woke up what my chances were so."

"You figured that was the end?"

"Not necessarily but I was sure my cervix didn't work at the moment." Mi laughed humorously, "I just need to know if that lady had lied to me you know?"

Jane's heart went out for Mi, all she seen was a girl that grew up a little too early. "I do." Jane nodded sadly, before getting back professional, "When was the last time you were sexually active?"

Mi laughed to herself going back in her to think, was it last week or the week before she thought.

"I'm not sure late October for sure though but Ron couldn't have done this, this soon."