FORTY SIX~ Cardinalidae

Eight| All before Nine

September 4, 2013
~
//Milan\\

"Milan you gotta eat something." Jen told me as I laid in the hospital bed. Laying on my side I didnt speak to her, she wasnt the one I wanted to speak to. "Come on. I made it good for you."

"I dont wanna eat," I sniffled, "I want my baby."

"Im sorry Mi-"

"YOU CANT BE SORRY!" I yelled at her trying to calm down, "Its not your fault. It's mine."

"Don't say that okay. I know what it feels like to loose a son okay. I know the feeling."

"Yeah but I never even got to meet him Aunt Jen. To feel his delicate skin, to smell his scent for the first time. He was me, he was going to be mines and he's not even here." I choked out, "I killed him."

"Stop saying shit like that-"

"Its true. I put myself in the position for it happen. It's my fault. Its all my fault."

//HOURS AGO\\

"Minor about the age of fourteen, fifteen, server damage to the rib cage, abdomen, and lower back."

"Who would do this to a pregnant child?"

"A monster."

//NOW\\

I woke up without my baby, I woke up without him.

"Im not doing this with you," she chuckled getting up, "Youre social worker called,"

"What'd you say?"

"You were away in DR with your uncle Thomas and wont be back until school starts."

"And she took that."

"Yes Lano." She chuckled, "Look I know it hurts right now but its all gonna be okay, it just takes time."

"Yeah how much?" I looked at her, "One bad thing happened then the next, how long will it take me to get over the lose? How long did it take you?"

Shaking her head she said, "I never got over it girl, it hurts me still till this day but you know as the days go by, I just try to keep me busy. Thats all we can really do when we're avoiding whats really bothering us."

"Did you tell my mom?"

"Yeah."

"And what'd she said," I swallowed the lump in my throat watching her shake her head she patted my leg, "Ima go to the bathroom okay."

"Just ignore my whole question." I shook my head, "I guess that means she didnt say anything. putain de salope"

"Watch youre mouth-"

"NO, FUCK HER! SHE DOESNT CARE FOR WHAT I GOT GOING ON OVER HERE! I COULDVE DIED YESTERDAY!"

"You don think I know that-"

"THEN WHY DOESNT SHE CARE!" I cried painfully, "WHY DONT THEY GIVE A FUCK!"

"Ok say she does, what is she suppose to do from in there?"

"Right." I scoffed, "You know you always have an excuse for her."

"There not excuses-"

"Then tell me why she wont talk to me? For real?"

"Milan-"

"For real! Why did she stop caring about me like that?"

"Its not that she stopped caring okay Mi. She's trying to protect you."