SEVENTY NINE~ Herc's Play

FIFTEEN| Trial and Error

January 4, 2016
~

"You got everything for tonight Calvin?" Louis asked her partner. "We don't need you stuttering whenever we get to see court." She chuckled teasing him.

"Ha, ha." He laughed sarcastically, "I got everything right here." He said grabbing his briefcase off the desk with no effort. "You good with going to visit her cousin alone tomorrow to get him to talk a little? I would but Tyra has an appointment—

"Yea I got it, go home to your family it's going on 2 in the morning." She replied giving him a hug, "I'll call you if something changes."

"Got it. Be safe. "
"You too." Letting each other go out of their brief hug, Louis went her separate way.

Calvin got the rest of the files off his computer for the night before leaving to the underground garage where his car resided.

He regretted staying so late but his cases were starting to pile up, he just needed to get this big one out the way.

He just hated how long this process was taking. He wished the only witness would just catch a miracle and wake up.

 He wished the only witness would just catch a miracle and wake up

Finally getting to his car, Cal unlocked the doors and got in.
Immediately turning on the heat and putting his brief case to the side of him, relaxing.

He couldn't wait to just get home.

Click, "Don't do nothing bro." The masked man put the cold barrel up into the brim of this head, "I just want to have a civilized conversation, that way nobody gotta get hurt."

Calvin laughed a little not believing he was in this situation. "Do we have some type of history?"

"Excuse me?" The man retorted pressing the barrel into his head, Calvin had kept his composure and said. "Have I ever got you sentenced or something—

"This ain't about me yo," the man laughed a little. "—just take the keys out that bitch and we can talk smooth. Got it?" The man nudged him, Calvin nodded. "I got you man. I got it—

Calvin was slowly reaching for his gun.

But he felt dumb when it wasn't there anymore and the only thing he felt was the cars guts.

"You don't recognize this bitch in my hand shorty?" The man laughed as Calvin finally looked into the visor— and there it was. There he was. "What you want from me man?" Calvin asked slouching in his seat defeated.