SEVENTEEN~ Sweet THIRTEEN

FOUR| Never tip the crown

January 5, 2013
~

When January had came through and it was time for second semester, Milan did everything she could the right way. Even if that meant missing out on Christmas gifts for giving him all of her gift money to him.

She had made sure all his clothes were firmly ironed, all his food was properly cooked. She made sure she was good and cleaned, and she made sure the house was good. Except for that fucking closet.

Bugs weren't for her.

So when it came to the only wish she was going to get from Joe until she did something truly amazing for him, she waited until January 5th. The day of Enrollment at Jonah Farrell Preparatory Middle school.

The school she would now be attending.

"For real Milan they better let yo ass in this school! It's cold as fuck today." Joe fussed. Milan smacked her lips at him, "Tu râles toujours."
(You always bitchin.)

He didn't even know what she said but he didn't care, he slapped her upside her head. "Ah,"

"Stop talking shit." The train ride to the school came to a stop and they got off, walking up the steps into the cold winter night. This was the time the skating rink was just starting to close.

Joe never wanted to take Milan. She never asked to go, scared of the response.

Around this time she was the saddest it seemed. Milan just really didn't like the fact that it snowed during the winter, it made her want to cry. The way they poured so, slowly and with care. It made her depressed.

She never really enjoyed the snow.

They got to the school and shook themselves off before entering the school, the warm feeling made her feel welcomed and toasty. The colors of the school being red, nude, and white made her like it even more.

The falcons had her attention, "They gotta let me attend here," she wished aloud on accident-

"Come on."

Milan watched as Joe's whole persona had changed. Joe wasn't all the way ugly besides the scratch marks he had in his face that looked like they couldn't heal. Joesph was a light skin complexion with light blue eyes. He had nice hair that he made sure to keep up with for the many job interviews he went through.

She watched as he talked like he had sense to the lady she now knew as Principal Shaw. Milan faked to be nice, she answered every question respectfully, then it was time for the records to be shown.

If it was one thing Milan did with Joe was go to many school enrollments, hospital appointments, late night bar night, the week he's sober which happens to be this week, thieving, and each time it's important like to the bank or something he'd let her go. She'd watch how proper he was, how disguised he was like a character. Somehow some way, she made herself a character, a lawyer type character.

She heard about all of the teachers write ups on her, how every time she was being in the deans office. She watched as Joe's glares had got deeper in her skin. She didn't care though,

"You wanna know some thing Principal Shaw? My granny Ruby, may god bless her soul always said Le passé est pratique, meaning the Past is Practice.

My records obviously show that I've been approving in my behavior, in some way, don't they." She pointed at the orange line, it was one step closer to the red one. We don't need the red one.

"I think you should give me a chance. Give me one chance to show you that I can be the best student you have at this school-" She plead her deal. All she had to do was look like she was sorry like Joe does when he needs a loan.