SEVENTY SIX~ Different Family Strokes

FOURTEEN| Stray Bullets

November 19, 2015
~

Ain't even been a week and Ron was rethinking life.

Shit he knew his football career was gone have to take him somewhere, but since four days ago— he been taking it to higher lengths and his dad had noticed.

The waking up earlier to run, staying in the backyard until sunrise— it was different for his routine.

So today he caught up to Ron while he was on the last of his run. Once Ron noticed he lightly turned it into a jog knowing his dad probably just wanted to talk.

All they ever did was talk sports or finances, so Ron knew it was coming up somewhere.

But he was completely caught off guard when his dad asked about his well-being, "Why you been getting up early to run?" He chuckled teasingly, "You ain't did that before."

Ron laughed, "I been doing this all week, you just catching up."

"Yeah but you ain't been doing it." Ron Sr. teased again, "Yo lil girlfriend got you stressed already."

Ron absent-mindedly let his guard down as he shook his head, his dad noticed the Change and with concern looked him over, "What you do now?"

"What makes you think I did some?" Ron laughed nervously.

"Cause you a 16 year old boy." The base in his voice dropped as he stopped running letting Ron know to stop as well, "Now if y'all did some, Let me know—"

"Dad there's nothing to know." Ron straight faced him. His dad looked him in his eyes and buried them deep, really really deep trying look for a lie.

But Ron kept his own, "If it was I'd tell you." He reassured with a convincing ass shrug.

His dad barely believed him but he really didn't think it was deep enough for him to know so he just started jogging again, not even giving Ron a chance to notice.

He had a slight feeling his dad didn't believe him but he wasn't gonna tempt the questioning— he was gone let whatever happened, happen.

~
November 22, 2015
~

Detectives rolled through the hood like they normally do but this particular time they had a near destination in mind.

They were on a separate case, but they so happen to be in Pop's area. They'd been needing to check on this lil deli for months now it seemed but the shooting that occurred recently, lead them back to this place.

"Knock knock, pops you here?" Detective Moreno called out for the old man.

Juan came out from the back and turned his nose up once he seen the men, "You guys gotta get outta here, this is a fine establishment." Juan waved them off the best he could as he walked to the counter, "If you ain't buying nothing, get!"

"Why you treating us like Thugs pops?" Detective Moreno asked him jokingly, while his partner Detective Stevens chuckled aggressively, "Yeah like the ones you in business with?"

"Business?!" Pops exclaimed offended, "I have been working in this spot for the last 45 years! Antonio you better tell this man to have some respect." Pops scoffed calling Moreno by his first name.