FIFTEEN~ Expulsion🍁

FOUR| Never tip the crown

November 11, 2012
~

Milan laid down in her bed, her feet at the head board which was faced on the wall and her head facing towards the door to her room.

She wasn't tired, wasn't exhausted.

If anything she was only a little short of confused.

She was wondering how her Grandmother looked now. She wondered if she could hear when Milan spoke to her in the static filled nights. On the nights of her horrid nights. The nights she was learning not to cry.

She was stuck wondering about her mother. If her mother was thinking of her, but she couldn't have been, she hadn't called for Milan.

Milan looked on the phone she'd bought her self to see the time was only at 6 in the morning today. She looked out the window seeing the almost blue sky.

She sat up and sighed, "Here's to a day of torment." She said to herself putting on her slides so she could move around the house. "Lets hope no one ruins it, yeah?" She asked her self.

Yeah, she answered.

She took her time getting ready she even took the time to put cream on her sores. When she did she noticed that they left her skin in less than two weeks while others took a longer while. By the time she was all done she was on her way to school at 7:45am.

She was going to be early today and she hated being early for the little fact they didn't do the whole Breakfast outside thing anymore. They even started the process of stopping hot wing service.

Her life was fading it seemed.

She couldn't even eat at school now they wanted to bring this preheated shit.

"Hey Milan!" Summer waved her over.

Milan rolled her eyes before walking over to her, "Wussup Summer."

"These are my friends you know them Uche and Blanca?" She said pointing at the Puerto Rican girl Blanca and the dark skin girl Uche.

Milan smiled at them, "Well i'll just leave y'all alone then-" Milan didn't like meeting new people, but Summer suggested it sometimes.

She stopped going to her sleepovers because of it and because her dad was sort of weird too.

"No wait Milan, just chill until the bell rings?"

"I can't be late to no classes." She shook her head grabbing her book bag.

Remember when she said she'd make it up?

She couldn't and the beatings spoke volumes. She was cool on missing classes and bad grades for now. Her job could wait passing periods, lunch, and nutrition. She even just started to work with Molly last weekend too.

She was moving up, slowly but surely.

Summer looked at her weirdly before she got up, "fine, go and be a scholar." She joked.

Milan didn't laugh she just walked away. She just wanted to be alone for the day but her only friend that never left was always there so that was that. She was happy she wasn't completely alone.

Who knows what the outcome of that would be. Milan alone for a while- it drove her insane. Her mind was a scary place after dark.

"Good Morning Milan." Her first teacher, her favorite Mrs. Alvarez greeted her since she was the only one in the class room until the bell rang in a short amount of four to five minutes. The clock was late.