EIGHTY THREE~ New York vs Milan Carter | III

FIFTEEN| Trial and Error

February 5, 2016
~
//Milan\\

"Are you shocked to see me today?" Evelyn asked as I sat across from her with my arms crossed.

"No, I see you more then my social worker." I joked seriously, making her laugh a little bit. "You must wanna talk about yesterday. Honest to god, Carmen saved that lil girl, I didn't even get to touch her."

"I know." She nodded smiling, "But that's not what I wanted to talk about."

"Oh."

"The trial?" We said in unison making me laugh, "Nothing much to say about that." I answered rubbing my ear.

"How did you feel about your cousin's opinions of you?" She asked me.

"Shit it was facts— ima weak lil individual." I laughed, "they got me to a Tee."

"How about what Tyler said? You leaving them for dead?"

"Neither one of them know what the fuck they talking about." I shrugged plainly, "I never left Siah for dead— I made sure somebody noticed him."

She hummed sitting back in her chair, "That doesn't sound like someone that's weak to me." She took a breath before asking me, "when was the first time you had a panic attack?"

"I already told you I don't talk to mandated reporters." I said smartly as I smiled. She smiled back harder, "And I told you I'm not one. I'm here for you."

I laughed, "why don't I believe that?"

Maybe cause I know the bitch is a mandated reporter— the only person I can talk to about my problems is a pastor—

And I would never.

"Maybe because you've never had trust in an authoritative figure." It was turn to slouch in my seat humming. "You figured me out." I shrugged saying.

She peeped the sarcasm in my voice and leaned forward as if she was suppose to be intimidating. I could've just laughed at that, but instead a slimey grin was spread across my face.

"You wanna play a game?"

"No."

"Well we're gonna play anyways." She smiled before turning around in her chair to grab something. It took her a while to turn back around, it made me rise in my chair kinda uncomfortable.

She pulling out the ouji board or some shit?

Mmm Mm.

When she finally turned around it was a pocket watch.

This bitch tryna hypnotize me?
   "Yeah, no." I smiled before quickly frowning. This bitch got degrees all throughout this bitch ass office.

Ion need no voodoo shit on me.

"Why not?" She laughed, "I thought you didn't believe in all that mystical shit?"

"I said fairytale shit— hypnotism is fasho real the fuck. Ion know what time you on." I laughed at her shaking my head.

"I'm trying to help you." She finally let down that fucking smile, "I don't know if you noticed or not but you look like shit Milan. It's something heavy on your brain—