SIXTY EIGHT~ Love makes you do crazy things

THIRTEEN| Blurred Lines

July 14, 2013
~
TWO YEARS AGO

Chains dragged against the hard cold floors, as her feet drug with every step she took closer to where the destination was. Her hair was individually braided and in a bun to the back of her head, and her eyes had bags under them. Yellow like, tired, and ridden with pain and sadness.

Her blue jumpsuit had pierced the seven numbers that controlled her life for the past five years, and the chains that bound her life where the visual image of a mistake she regretted.

Standing in the flesh was Marilyn Laguera, she didn't look like she once did and as she stood in front of that glass wall of the visitation room, her little sister could see that. Jen smiled anyway trying to lighten the load, but given the cold stare it faded.

Growing up Jen and Mary weren't close at all, with Mary running off to Cali with Michael in her adolescent years things in New York just went another way. Macy grew on crack and Jennifer met her husband Victor who soon after Mary came back home died. After Victor died was when their relationship had formed again stronger then what it was before she left.

Jen just wished it was more she could do to get her sister from behind the bars that bound her at least before the lord came to take her, "How are you doing?" Jen asked with a small smile as Mary barely held the phone up.

"Im doing as good as being sick can get, how are you? Still in that program? How're the kids? Mi?" She asked with a hint of concern laced in her eyes. Jen's smile fell a bit.

"They're all teenagers." Jen shrugged with a laugh, "You know how that was."

"Mhm, but not, Tai." Mary finally cracked a smile, "How is he?"

"He's doing better." Jen nodded, "Yeah he's doing very good. He's reading very much better too which is a blessing."

"Yeah it took you how long?"

"Thats only because papa and ma didn't have the money." Mary scoffed, "Being dyslexic is hard, you wouldn't understand."

"Yeah i'm sure you right," Mary shrugged before a line of silence was coming from the both of them. Mary knew Jen had something she really wanted to say to her. She didn't visit every month, but every three or two.

She expected this visit in August, "So what did you really come here for? You don't come every other month so this is new."

"I came to talk about Milan before I go to CPS." Jen bluffed, knowing if she did she wouldn't be able to get Mi out with her record and probably endanger her own kids with being on that radar.

"CPS for what?"

"The girl ran away Mary. Somethings wrong with her and you not talking to her is just making it worse." She spoke from what she'd seen on Tailan's birthday the month prior. "She needs her mother, and you won't even let her see you."

"But we both know why I don't."

"BULLSHIT, you being sick is an excuse!" Jen lashed out, "She doesn't come around anymore because of you."

"And CPS is going to fix that?" Mary asked before laughing at her sister, "Bitch. I don't know what you want me to do from here, because I can't do anything!" She started before breaking off in a cough, "Ima sweatin, puking, DYING mess. I can't be a mother to her, and i'm not coming back to her any fucking way."

"You making this place be your excuse to not be a mother to her Mary, you can't keep abandoning your--"

"Stop talking." She shut Jen up, "I don't know what Ruby told you on her death bed, but what is it.... AIN'T! So shut the fuck up! You don't know what it is that I go through up in here, her being out there and away from this, is whats best for her. So go head and call the peoples. I can't do anything." She expressed throwing a hand up, before mugging Mary. "Talking bout CPS, take her in!"