Logically Thinking

Logan POV

How's the college applications going?" Asked Father in a gruff voice.

"Excellent." I told him, taking a sip from my coffee. "I already have offers from Princeton and Stanford."

Father dropped the book he was reading and glared at me. I looked over to mother to see that she also looked disappointed.

"That's it?" Asked Father angrily. "I will only accept Harvard. Get into that school or else. Princeton and Stanford aren't good enough."

"I'm disappointed that all you can manage." Said Mother sadly. "You need to follow in our footsteps Logan and get into Harvard."

I nodded, not wanting to argue. I looked over to the clock. I stood up and cleared my spot at the table.

I grabbed my bookbag and headed to the garage. Once I was in my car, I sighed. Sometimes I really just hated my parents.

I do my best. I try so hard to live up to their expectations. But having parents that both graduated from Harvard, my mother being one of the best doctors in the state and my father being a very important government figure who worked with the President from time to time really makes it tough to do anything that I want to do.

I love learning, don't get me wrong. They just have such expectations. I'm already the valedictorian at school, a straight A student, and receiving many letters of acceptance from multiple very good colleges across the country.

But it still isn't good enough for them.

-•-

I arrived to school. I parked my car and headed towards the main doors. I passed a shaking boy, sitting under a tree.

It was Virgil. We used to be good friends, but sadly we drifted apart when high school started. I fell into a group of smart students and began to focus more on my studies, while Virgil just gave up in life.

I wanted to be friends with him again but it was difficult now. He pushed everyone away. We didn't have very similar interests now anyways.

I ignored him and headed into the school and to my locker. I quickly grabbed my things and headed to first period. I was the first one in the classroom, as always.

-•-

"Good afternoon Miss. Robins." I called to the teacher as I entered my last period class.

"Hello Logan." She smiled at me. I was a huge teacher's pet. The teachers either loved me or hated me. I had a habit of correcting teachers in class if they were wrong.

Miss. Robins was one of the teachers that loved me. She was my science teacher. Despite having already taken all the science classes and excelling all of them, I was taking the regular life science course that the rest of my classmates were taking.

I sat down at my usual spot in the front of the classroom. Slowly, tired students started milling into the classroom.

Than someone who often caught my eye walked in. Patton Emerson. His two friends, Emile Picani and Remy Dormir followed him into the classroom.

Well, he only caught my eye because I noticed that I seemed to catch his eye all the time. He wasn't very good at hiding all the times he would look at me. I caught him glancing over at me a lot.

The bell rang, snapping me out of my thoughts. Miss Robins started the lesson. We were doing an experiment today. She explained the experiment. It turned out the experiment was that cliche thing that you see in books and movies.