Ice as cold as my heart

TRIGGER WARNINGS : guns ig

Virgil POV
"You know I hate you for dragging me out into the cold, right?"  I grumbled as Roman and I drove over to Evan's house.

"But it'll be so much fun!"  Roman squealed.  "And I know you love me deep down in that emo heart of yours."

"Wow, great confidence booster,"  I grumbled, looking out the window with a pout.

"No, baby,"  Roman whined, quickly slipping his hand into mine. 

"I'm joking princey,"  I laughed, earning a small laugh from Roman.

"The sarcasm is a little too on point,"  He laughed. 

"Good,"  I said with a little smirk. 

We turned onto a long driveway that led up into the mountains.  I looked out the window in amazement at the beautiful winter forest landscape around us.

"Damn Evan has a cool ass house,"  Roman breathed once we pulled up too the house.

"That's gothic as hell,"  I mumbled, peering up at the old Victorian style home.  "I like it."

"Of course you would,"  He said with a loving sigh.  "C'mon Remy, Patton, Logan and Emile are already here."

I hoped out of the car with Roman and walked over to the front door.  Evan pulled the door open quickly before one of us could even knock. 

"Finally you're here!"  Evan exclaimed excitedly.  Oh god he was like a mini Patton. 

"Yep, on time,"  Ronan said.

"You two are the last here,"  Evan told us, pulling us inside and into a living room. 

"How the hell did Remus beat us here?"  Roman asked angrily, pointing to his brother that was lounging on the couch. 

"You just suck,"  Remus snickered. 

Roman did respond, just glaring at Remus.  I let out a sigh.  I'm getting sick and tired of these two always bickering.

"Here,"  Evan said, shoving a pair of ice skates into my arms.  Same for Roman. 

Evan and Quinn led the way down to the lake, everyone following behind.  Emile and Patton seemed most excited.  Roman was too.  I was dreading this.  Logan obviously was too.  Remy and Remus seemed indifferent.

The cold bit at my exposed face. Even with the bright afternoon sun shinning down on us, the cold was powerful.

Eventually we reached a small lake, completely covered with ice. Evan and Quinn raced down to the edge while holding hands.

There was a weather worn wooden bench next to the lake. I sat down on the bench and started working on getting my ice skates on. Everyone else did too.

Once Quinn was done, he dug a long metal stick out of the snow. He walked out a foot or so onto the ice.

Quinn quickly slammed the metal stick down into the ice, puncturing a hole in it. Evan handed him a tape measurer.

"Six inches thick this year," Quinn said with an excited smile. Evan clapped excitedly and turned towards us.

"Six inches thick is way more than enough ice to hold everyone," Evan said. "Stay away from ice that looks like it has bubbles in it. Try to stay near clearer ice. If you do happen to fall through, which I doubt will happen, the lake is only five or six feet deep."

"Are there any safety precautions?" Logan asked, warily getting to his feet.

"If you fall, fall on your ass," Quinn said. "Don't stab or kick someone with your skate. That's literally it."

"There must be more than that," Patton said with a worried look.

"Oh their definitely is," Quinn laughed. "Except we don't care out here."

Quinn skates backwards out into be lake. Evan followed quickly. They were both very good at skating.

The rest of us stood at the edge of the ice, looking back and forth between the ice warily and Evan and Quinn in amazement.

"Who wants to go first?" Remy laughed.

"I'll go," Roman said bravely.

"Not if I get out there first," Remus laughed before throwing himself out onto the ice.

He flailed around a bit before eventually defining balance. Remus tried to start skating but didn't really go anywhere.

Roman followed him quickly, obviously trying to one up his brother. I laughed at the two while they both tried to push off each other to start skating.

"It can't be that hard," Patton mumbled, stepping onto the ice.

Emile followed him, the two clutching onto each other's arms. Patton's feet almost slipped out from underneath him if it wasn't for Emile.

The pair started laughing while trying and failing to right themselves. Remy followed them, surprisingly good at ice skating.

"You said you were just as bad as the rest of us," I complained.

"It's kinda like skateboarding. I guess," Remy said with a laugh.

I put one foot on the ice, my anxiety instantly skyrocketing. I'm going to fall on my face or ass and embarrass the shit out of myself.

Logan followed behind me, also surprisingly good. He was looking down at his feet with a thinking look. He was obviously trying to figure out the best way to skate.

Evan and Quinn skated back over to Damien and I. I had only made it a foot or so into the ice while Damien remained stubbornly on solid ground.

"C'mon," Evan said, grabbing onto Damien's arm. Quinn grabbed the other arm.

"I can't skate," Damien said worriedly.

"We can help you," Quinn told him. The two of them pulled Damien out into the ice slowly.

I could help up laugh as Damien basically held onto Evan and Quinn for dear life. But my laugh turned into a sharp yelp as Roman came racing by, sweeping me into a twirl.

"You sure got the hang of this," I laughed.

"It's not that hard," Roman said with a joyful smile.

"Speak for yourself," I said lowly. I could barely get one foot to move on the ice. I don't know how to do this.

"I'll teach you," Roman said with a devilish smirk.

~~~mAgiCaL tiME sKiP~~~~

All of us spent hours out on the ice. It really was a lot of fun. The sun was finally beginning its descent down the horizon.

"See I told you all that this would be fun!" Patton yelled while skated past.

I just laughed as Patton stumbled and had to grab onto Logan to keep himself from falling.

I had finally mastered ice skating a little bit. I could at least skate around the lake without falling too many times.

None of us were near as good as Evan and Quinn were. They have obviously been doing this for a long time.

"You gotta get your boyfriends to stop flexing on us," I laughed to Damien.

Evan and Quinn were spinning around quickly on the ice. Holding onto each other in a romantic way.

"I gave up trying to keep up with them," Damien admitted with a little chuckle.

"No one can," I said with sympathy.

Damien was about to say something but was cut off by a gunshot. Everyone froze, a few of us stumbling to the ground.

Ice went flying into the air right next to Quinn. There was another gunshot and another biker struck through the ice near Quinn.

There was a loud cracking sound as the ice started to break.