My nonexistent heart was just broken

(✿ ͡◕ ᴗ◕)つ━━✫・*。
⊂   ノ    ・゜+.
しーーJ   °。+ *'¨)
.· 'let their be angst☆'¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·' (¸.·'* (¸.·'* (¸.·'* (¸.·'* (¸.·'* *¨)

TRIGGER WARNINGS : suicide, talks about abuse/slapping

Logan POV
"Patton wait,"  I begged, trying my best to catch up to him.  I'm too out of shape for this.

But Patton ignores me and continued to walk quickly towards the main doors.  All day Patton's been avoiding me.  Not talking to me during lunch or classes.

"Why aren't you talking to me?"  I asked angrily, finally catching up to him.  We were in one of the side courtyards now.

"You're lying to me and yourself,"  He mumbled before trying to move away again.

I grabbed Patton by the shoulders and made him face me.  Emotions unknown to me flickered in his eyes, severely confusing me. 

"What did I do?"  I asked.

"Logan you were clearly upset when you showed up at my house on Monday.  You lads and said that you were fine when you obviously weren't,"  Patton said.  "It's Friday and you still haven't gone back to your house.  Why won't you tell me what happened?  If we love each other, we shouldn't be keeping such obviously important secrets from each other."

"It's not important,"  I tried to tell him.  I tired not to think about my parents hitting me."

"I don't like relationships were we keep secrets from each other,"  He mumbled, obviously upset.

"Patton, I'm more worried about you than myself,"  I told him.  "My issues aren't important when your dealing with your own problems with your parents."

"Don't hide your feelings just because you don't want to upset me," He begged. "Hiding things upset me more."

"It's not important," I whispered.

"Your feelings are valid Logan," Patton told me. "Please don't do this to yourself."

"I'm not doing anything," I said.

"Then why are you lying?!" Patton yelled. He was working himself up. "To me and yourself?! Why are you refusing to go back to your house?!"

"Why am I not allowed to keep secrets?" I asked lowly.

"Because this is something that is clearly upsetting you," Patton said. "It's important and it's effecting our relationship."

"You're letting this effect out relationship," I told him.

Patton's face twisted into one of anger. But worry and sadness still flickered in his eyes. So many contradicting emotions.

"Why won't you let me help you?" Patton asked lowly. "You can't hide your feelings like this. I care a lot about you and I can tell that your upset and hurt. I want to help you."

"I don't need help," I argued.

"Why can't I help you?" He questioned. "You're not okay."

"I don't care about myself," I mumbled. "I don't want you to hurt just because I'm hurting."

"You're admitting that you're hurting," Patton accused. "And you're hurting me by keeping secrets."

"I'm sorry," I whispered.

"You have to learn to trust me," He told me.

"I'm not bothering you with my nonsense problems," I argued.