Prepare for embrace

Patton POV

"I'll see you guys at lunch!"  I told Emile and Remy.  They waved to me as I skipped away from them.  I headed from the hallway, looking for a certain someone. 

My eyes landed on him and I couldn't help but smile.  Logan was standing at his locker shuffling through one of his binders.  I skipped over to him and stood behind him.

"Prepare for embrace!" I said, getting Logan's attention. He turned right as I pulled him into a tight hug. He stiffened up but didn't move to get out of my arms. I let go of him.

"Hi Logan!"  I said happily.  I smiled brightly at him and moved to lean against the locker next his.  "Whatcha doin'?" 

"I am retrieving my books for my next class."  Logan answered.  I pushed past Logan and looked inside his locker. 

"Is Squiggles in here?"  I asked, standing on my tiptoes to look on the top shelf.  My eyes landed on the box Logan and I had designed for Squiggles. 

"Yes, Squiggles is up there."  Logan answered, laughing gently.  His locker was super neat and mostly empty, completely unlike mine. 

I turned and gave Logan and quick hug, causing him to tense up slightly. 

"Sorry."  I laughed, pulling away from him. 

"It's fine Patton."  Logan said with a gentle laugh. 

"What class do you have next?"  I asked. 

"English."  He answered. 

"Oh, I have math."  I said with a sigh.  "I hate math."

"Why do you have negative feelings towards math?"  Asked Logan. 

"I suck at math."  I told him.  "I really struggle in that class." 

"Maybe I can tutor you?"  Suggested Logan.  I smiled hopefully at him. 

"Can you?  Oh my goodness that would be amazing!"  I squealed.  "Thank you so much Logie!" 

"Logie?"  Asked Logan with a smile.  I blushed heavily, just now realizing I said that out loud. 

"Is...that okay?  It's a...nickname for you."  I mumbled, feeling embarrassed.

"It's adequate."  Logan said with a gentle smile.  I brightened up instantly and smiled back at him. 

"Walk me to class?"  I asked, knowing that we were headed the same way and the classroom I needed to go to was first.  Logan faintly blushed. 

"Of course."  Logan said, reaching past me to shut his locker.  I smiled brightly and followed Logan down the hallway. 

Disappointment filled me when we reached my classroom.  I turned back to Logan and gave him another hug. 

"See ya around!"  I told him while heading into class. 

-•-

"I invited Virgil to come sit with us at lunch."  I told Remy and Emile excitedly. 

"Who?"  Asked Remy, putting his feet up on the cafeteria table. 

"The quiet emo guy."  I answered. 

"Oh!"  Said Remy loudly.  "That's one of the guys that got their locker spray painted!" 

"Yeah."  I answered.  "He ran into me in the bathroom while having a panic attack.  I helped him and than invited him to sit with us." 

"He was accused of being gay, so wouldn't sitting with us just make those rumors worse?"  Asked Emile with a concerned look on his face. 

"Well he told me he's gay, so the rumors aren't wrong."  I admitted.  Remy gasped.