I got this bloody nose trying to defend your honor

Roman POV

"We actually beat them!"  I yelled, pumping my fists in the air.  The rest of the team and I were celebrating at Hunter's lake house, along with basically the entire high school. 

A giant party for school, to celebrate.  It was already planned for after the football game, but winning the game really made the party amazing. 

"You did awesome out there."  Said Jackson, slapping me on the back.  I glared at him.  No matter how many times he tried to congratulate me tonight on our victory, I just couldn't forget what happened with Virgil. 

"Jeez  man, just get a few drinks and chill out."  He said, handing me a red solo cup. 

"I'll get my own drink thanks."  I told him, pulling away from him.  I headed to the table covered in alcohol.  I poured myself a drink and quickly downed it. 

A few hours later and everything was just a drunk blur.  It made me happy.  Made me feel good. 

"Hey Roman."  Slurred Jackson, wrapping his arm around me.  "Whatcha doing." 

"Ignoring you asshole."  I muttered, pushing him off me.  That happy buzz turned into anger. 

"Chill out man."  He told me.  "Why do you keep trying to protect that emo trash." 

"He isn't emo trash."  I growled at him. 

"He's literally nothing."  Jackson scoffed.  "A worthless piece of trash.  A freak." 

"Don't say that about him!" I yelled, shoving him. 

"Why are you protecting him all the sudden?!"  Jackson yelled getting back up.  A circle had started to gather, chanting 'fight!' over and over. 

"It isn't right."  I told him. 

"What are you gay for the emo freak or something?!"  Jackson yelled.  Instantly, rage filled me and I swung a punch at him. 

It connected with his chin.  Jackson quickly righted himself and started swinging back at me. 

We were just swinging blindly at each other, both of us equally drunk.  Jackson swung, connecting with my nose.  I fell backwards and held my nose.  I pulled my hand away, it was covered in blood. 

"You piece of shit."  I growled, launching myself up at him. 

"Break it up!"  Screamed Hunter, forcing himself between up. "Both of you!  Out now!" 

He grabbed us both and dragged up over to the front door.  I looked back at him in shock. 

"You two need to work out whatever the fuck is going on."  He told him angrily.  He slammed the door.  I looked angrily at Jackson. 

"Leave Virgil the hell alone, okay?"  I told him. 

"Seriously man, why are you defending him all the sudden."  Jackson asked. 

"I didn't know you were bullying people behind my back."  I said angrily.  "It isn't right to do that.  To use your popularity to hurt people." 

"Why do you care so much about that emo freak?"  Jackson scoffed. 

"His name is Virgil!"  I yelled at him. 

"Than go break up with Chloe and start dating Virgil than."  He hissed. 

"You need to stop."  I growled. 

"Or what...?"  Jackson said with a laugh.  "You'll stop being my friend?  As if I care that much about you.  Just go fuck the emo freak or something." 

"Stop talking about him like that!"  I yelled, shoving him. 

"Come talk to me when you've stopped caring so much about him."  Jackson said lowly.  With that he turned and walked away.