The ghost of you is never coming home

This made me laugh

This made me laugh

I don't know why

I was going to publish a hella long Quiet chapter in my novella book, but it's super long and I'm super tired and there's still a ton I need to write for it
It's already a 2000+ word chapter and it's barely half way done
I promise to get it out tomorrow, but I can't finish it tonight

TRIGGER WARNING : death, aNgSt aNd sAdNeSs

Damien POV
I stared down at the tombstone numbly.  Snow fell softly from the sky but I didn't move to brush any of it away from my face.

Quinn Corotion
December 1, ~~~~
January 2, ~~~~

Evan stood next to me, holding a few white lilies in his hand.  Silent tears slowly fell down his face. 

The dark marble of the tombstone stood out against the snow.  A dead bush surrounding the tombstone.  A few flowers laid on top of it.

I was too afraid to stand over the freshly buried grave.  No grass would grow over it until spring came back around.

If felt like I'd disturb him if I stood over the grave. He suffered too much to die this young in such a gruesome and terrifying death.

I should've gotten him to the hospital sooner. I should've gone after him earlier. I should've done something so that he didn't die.

This is my fault.

No, it's Jackson's. Fucking tying him to a fucking tree in the middle of a fucking snow storm leaving him all fucking alone to fucking freeze to death.

I hate Jackson.

But I can't help but blame myself. I know Evan does too. We both should've been there for him. He should've have died like this.

Quinn didn't deserve this. He should've lived longer to finally heal and live a happy life. Preferably married to Evan and I.

It felt wrong now. Just Evan and I. There was a part of us missing now. A part that nobody could ever replace.

I miss him. I miss him so fucking much.

Evan gently let go of the flowers before falling to the ground. He starting sobbing, shaking horribly and staring at the grave with wide eyes.

Slowly, I knelt down next to Evan and pulled him into my arms. I gently turned his head away from the tombstone and into my chest.

He wrapped his arms around me and held to me tightly. I tried my best to comfort Evan, but I was falling apart just as much as he was.

"Why'd he have to die?" Evan sobbed.

I didn't know how to answer a question like that, especially to Evan. This is a fucked up world we live in. Where a kid gets tied to a tree in a snowstorm for being gay. Where he freezes to death and the person who did it revives no punishment.