Tonight we are young

I know Virgil in a dress was on high demand but I don't think him wearing a dress fits in this story

Sorry

trigger warnings : fluffy fluff, romantic sappy shit

Roman POV
I know I'm probably going to exhausted when I'm done, but I want tonight to be a surprise for everyone else. Even if that meant I had to set up everything for our prom by myself.

Well, my parents were helping. But I made sure no one came over today and even made sure Remus and Virgil weren't around.

It's finally Saturday, meaning that tonight is prom. Despite not going to the actual senior prom at school, I couldn't be more excited for tonight.

All the flowers arrived early this morning. Luckily it's finally warm enough outside to set all this up outside. It is the beginning of April, so all the snow is gone and trees are staring to bloom.

I stepped back to see what I had so far. The dance floor itself I needed help from my Dad. It was a good size and it had posts and beans along the edge that I put many fairy lights and flowers on.

At the far end of the dance floor was a stereo system and big speakers. Luckily this is a very big neighborhood we're the houses are pretty far apart.

I pushed some of the outdoor benches up to the edge of the dance floor. I hung lanterns in the trees around the dance floor too.

Smiling to myself, I checked the time. 6:34. I have about a five minutes till everyone shows up to get ready. I finished just in time. We decided on seven pm to start the actual dance because that's when sunset is.

And after talking it over with everyone and my parents, I'm throwing a huge party for entire school. It stars around ten when the actual prom ends.

My parents promised to leave us alone and go to the lake house during the party time. Just no alcohol and drugs, and I have to clean up. No one is allowed upstairs.

I'll clean up the party. Everyone that's been to my parties before know the rules about the house boundaries. But the alcohol...if someone shows up with some, I'm not going to stop them.

Luckily it wasn't windy today so I grabbed the bag of rose petals. I created a path leading to the deck with big rocks. I threw the petals all along the path.

I paused again at the door back into the house and looked out at my masterpiece.  I couldn't be more excited for tonight.

~•~

"How much longer?"  Remy complained, fixing his contour for probably the millionth time.

"It takes time to look beautiful,"  I told him, looking up the stairs. 

Emile, Patton, Evan, Quinn and Virgil were getting ready upstairs.  Virgil wasn't too happy about being banished upstairs with the others.  He believed that they would end up putting makeup on him or getting him to wear a dress.