Some things aren't better left in the past

TRIGGER WARNING : talks about suicide & self harm, talks about abuse, swearing

Virgil POV
"Why didn't you just grab all your stuff before meeting up with Patton?" Damien whined, leaning against the locker next to mine.

"Roman didn't let me," I answered, rummaging through my locker trying to find homework materials. 

"So what's all this about Roman?"  Damien asked with a smirk. 

"We're just friends,"  I told him, unable to stop the blush that came to my cheeks.

"Sure,"  Damien laughed.  "I totally believe you."

"Oh shut up,"  I grumbled, trying to hide my blushing face.

"Does Virgie have a crush?"  Damien teased, poking my shoulder.

"Stop," I told him. "I don't want anyone to hear you saying that."

"Whatever," He grumbled. "I ship it."

I shoved him playfully and shut my locker. I glared at him but couldn't help laughing with him.

"What about you and Patton?"  I teased him, trying to change the subject.  "A very angry Logan was ranting to me and Roman about some new kid liking Patton." 

Damien burst into laughter. 

"I thought Logan was the super smart nerd."

He is."  I answered, only increasing Damien's laughing fit. 

"Well than he obviously doesn't know anything about emotions."

"Understatement of the year."

"I only like Patton as a friend," Damien explained. "But after everything that happened between us, I tend to become possessive of my friends. Abandonment issues, my therapist calls it."

"That sucks," I told him sympathetically.

"Do you still go to therapy?" He asked. I sighed.

"No," I answered. "My Dad won't pay for the appointments."

"Sorry," He mumbled.

"It's okay," I told him. Out of nowhere, I ran right into someone. Both of us fell down onto the floor.

"Hey!" Damien yelled at the guy. "Watch where you're going!"

"Oh, oh my goodness, I...I'm so so sorry, I didn't mean, oh my," The guy rambled. "I'm sorry," He kept repeating.

Damien helped me to my feet, but not taking his eyes off the other guy. Except he didn't look angry now. Oh? I recognize that look.

I briefly looked at the other guy, watching as he scrambled to pick up his stuff and mine. He was wearing a ripped up black sweater, black skinny jeans, and scuffed up converse.  I recognized who he was, instantly tensing up. 

"Sorry, I didn't mean to, it's my fault,"  He mumbled.  I ignored his apologies however.

I quickly grabbed my stuff from him, trying to ignore the obvious hurt in his eyes.  I than grabbed Damien's hand and quickly pulled him down the hall with me. 

"Who was that?"  Damien asked once we were outside the school. 

"Quinn Corotion."  I answered.  "Another loner like me.  Just...stay away from him." 

"Why?"  He asked, obvious confusion on his face.  "He seems like a pretty nice guy." 

"Yeah, well his dad isn't."