Blood splattered on freshly fallen snow

*evil author laughter*

TRIGGER WARNINGS : car accident, police, hospital setting, DEATH

Emile POV
"Remy watch out!"  I screamed, my hand reaching out to him despite that I was feet away from him.  "No!"

Time seemed to slow down. The car tried to stop, honking at him. When Remy didn't move the driver slammed on the breaks but they didn't stop in time.

The car hit Remy. His body seemed to snap in half and bend around the hood of the car before flying forwards. His body smacked against the ground a few feet away.

I let out a guttural scream of pure anguish before falling to my knees. I sobbed, clamping one hand over my mouth and wrapping the other across my stomach.

Remy laid on the ground unmoving. Blood was starting to pool beneath him. His midsection was twisted in an unnatural way. I couldn't see his face from where I had collapsed on the road.

"I'm sorry!" The driver yelled, scrambling out of their car. "I didn't see him! I swear! It's too snowy and he didn't get out of the way!"

I couldn't talk. I didn't know what to say. I just sobbed, biting into the palm of my hand clamped over my mouth. Anything to stop myself from screaming.

There was a horrible pain in my chest. Right where my heart was. The longer I looked at Remy's unmoving body, the more it hurt.

Snow was settling around me and visibility was getting low. I could hear the driver talking on the phone to who I assumed to be 911.

My entire body was shaking. I couldn't focus. I tried my best to stifle my sobs and screams. But Remy was just lying there, completely unmoving.

"Hey watch out!" The driver screamed to me, waving his arms at something.

I looked up at him but I heard something.  I turned just in time to see headlights and the bumper of a car speeding towards me.