The gayest of the gays

I'm so sorry I missed so many updates
I've been in a really bad place mentally
I know I don't have any good excuse as to why I missed almost a week of updates

But I was dealing with a copyright thing because someone tried to steal my original characters from my other Sanders Sides book and plot points from this story

But it's okay ha ha ha ha I'm just a fucking bitch

Someone kill me pls

TRIGGER WARNINGS : derogatory terms

Virgil POV
Lunch time.  Once a time I dreaded throughout the school day.  Now a time I looked forward to. 

With an actual friend group, lunch became very fun.  It wasn't scary and people didn't hurt me during it anymore.  People actually talked to me and wanted me there. Even if it was this stupid little friends group.

Damien sat to my left, Roman to my right.  Patton and Emile were across from me.  Remy sat next to Emile.  For some reason, Logan was sitting next to Roman instead of next to Patton.

Patton and Logan seemed to be trying to put as much distance between themselves as possible. Roman mentioned they had a falling out of sorts over the weekend, but otherwise I don't know why.

Patton and Emile were talking like normal, Roman sometimes joining in.  Remy seemed content with just death glaring Logan the entire lunch, who stayed quiet and just read a book.  Damien and I talked a bit amongst ourselves.

I did like how Damien stopped using makeup to cover up the scar. He notices the strange looks he gets in the classrooms and hallways but he acts like they don't affect him. But I know him well enough to know when he's lying.

I also noticed how he was not focused at all on the conversation at hand.  Granted they were talking about Frozen, so it wasn't something Damien or I would be too into.  But he was more distracted than usual.

Instead his focus was on someone else who was sitting in the corner of the lunch room.  Fairly close to where I used to sit, trying to avoid all human contact and socialization of any kind.

And I'll give you one guess as to who was over there. 

Quinn. 

I'm almost one hundred percent positive that Damien has some sort of crush on Quinn.  I recognize how he's acting now compared to when we first started dating.  Also that look he got on his face when he first saw Quinn.

"Someone got your eye?"  I whispered to him in a teasing manor.  Damien flushed bright right and glared at me. 

"Shut it,"  He mumbled, looking back at Quinn. 

I starting laughing and elbowing him in the side.  Damien ignored me but I could see the smile on his face. 

"You haven't said much Virgil,"  Patton said with a smile.  "How was your weekend?"

I flinched involuntarily as thoughts of what Dad did to me yesterday filled my mind. 

"It was okay,"  I mumbled.  Patton nodded uncertainly, both his and Emile's eyes trailing over my bruised eye.  Unfortunately I couldn't do much to hide such a bad bruise, even with excessive concealer. 

"What about you Damien?"  Patton asked him, scarily quickly back to his happiness.  Seems suspicious someone is that happy. 

"Uh, I actually made two new friends,"  He said with a small laugh.

"What?"  I said in mock offense, slapping his chest playfully.  "You didn't tell me!  You trying to replace me or something?"

"I wouldn't dream of it Virge,"  He said, placing an arm around my shoulder.  I easily leaned into his touch, falling back into how we used to act around each other.  I saw Roman's jaw tighten in my peripheral vision.