I'm not a piece of cake

Sorry I missed updates again

Logan POV
I let out a long yawn as my alarm clock went off. I got up easily, stretched a bit and turned it off.

It's finally Monday. Thank god I finally get to go back to school. Weekends are not fun times for me considering how my family is anything but loving, emotional, or sentimental.

But his weekend was, for lack of a better word, amazing. I kissed Patton. I actually kissed Patton.

I haven't been this excited to see him at school in a while. If anything, I was in more of a hurry because I wanted to see him again.

I walked over to my closet and started searching for something to wear. Eventually I decided on black jeans, a dark blue button up, and a black and blue tie.

I discarded my pajamas in my hamper and started pulling on my clothes. I grabbed my brush and fixed my hair.

Pulling on socks, I headed down to the kitchen. I glanced at the clock, 7 am. Right on schedule, as always.

I headed down the stairs, stopping at the library first. I peeked my head in to see Father sitting at his desk.

I walked over to him, keeping my hands laced respectively behind my back. I cleared my throat to gain his attention.

"Good morning Logan," He said gruffly, barely sparing me a glance.

"Morning Father," I said. "Are you aware of what day it is?"

"It is November third," Father answered. "A day of no importance. You need to be aware of the date Logan. You can't rely on others to always know."

"Apologies." I said, trying to bite back an angry retort.

"You were up late this morning," He told me, glaring up at me.

"My clock is right on time," I argued. "I was not late."

"My clock says you are, therefore, you are late." Father told me sternly. I nodded my head, having to bite my tongue to keep from arguing with him.

I have a temper. I am aware of that and I do my best to keep it in check around my parents.

"I'll be going to get my breakfast and leave for school," I told him.

"Very well," He said with a sigh, not bothering to look up from his papers.

I scowled, turning and leaving. I headed to the living room next. I have heard that some family's refer to a living room as a family room. But a room like that does not exist in this house.

I entered the room to see Mother reading a massive book, obviously from some sort of archive.

"Good morning Mother," I greeted.

"Logan," She said, not nothing with morning pleasantries.

"Are you aware of what day it is?" I asked her.

"Ask your father," Mother said, obviously getting agitated by my presence.

"I already did," I told her.

"Then why are you asking me?" She asked, shooting me an annoyed glare.

"It's November third," I said. Mother thought for a bit.

"A regular day," She finally said. "There is nothing of value to us happening in the world today."

I sighed, trying not to argue with her. This is one of the many reasons as to why I can't stand my parents.