Colder Weather

TRIGGER WARNING : lots of swearing??? Ig

Remy POV
I slowly opened my eyes, grimacing at how Bright it was. Who the hell opened my curtains? My room is supposed to remain pitch black without any trace of sunlight in it.

Then I became aware of how hard whatever I was laying on was. This is not my bed...  Or any bed for that matter.

Shit.

I'm still in the forest.

I could feel Emile's warm body pressed up against my side. I sat up quickly, looking at how far the sun had already risen. It was cloudy and cold, promising rain.  The clouds just barely blotted out the sun. 

Emile's Dad is literally going to kill me. He wanted Emile home by midnight...it's Saturday morning now.

"Emile," I said, shaking him awake. "Emile wake up."

"No mommy, I don't want the mashed potatoes," Emile mumbled in his sleep.

I shook him harder. Emile slowly opened his eyes, seeming to be confused.

"What?" He mumbled, slowly sitting up.

"We fell asleep," I told him. "Ya dad's gonna kill us. You were supposed to be home at like midnight."

Emile eyes widened, every bit of sleep gone instantly from his eyes.  He quickly reached for his phone, turning it on.

43 messages from Mom

32 messages from Dad

7 missed calls from Dad

2 voicemails from Dad

12 missed calls from Mom

"Fuck,"  I breathed, voicing what Emile was probably thinking. 

"This isn't good,"  Emile mumbled, quickly texting his parents back.  They responded within seconds, obviously very angry and worried. 

"Shit, I'm so sorry Emile,"  I told him.  Now I've fucked up his life too.  He probably hates me now. 

"It'll be okay,"  Emile said, trying to remain positive.  "C'mon we gotta go." 

Emile quickly stood up, followed by me.  I gathered up the blanket, practically running back down to the trail.

Emile followed me but was still shakily texting to his parents.  He was obviously very afraid.

I quickly pushed him onto the motorcycle and than climbed on myself.  With pushing the speed limits just a little bit, I got over to Emile's house as quickly as possible. 

We had barely gotten off the motorcycle before Emile's parents came storming out of the house.  It was only just past 7 am but they looked wide awake. 

"Where the frickity frack were you?!"  Yelled Emile's Dad, his glare going back and forth between Emile and I.  Emile's Mom pulled him into a tight hug. 

"Oh my goodness, thank god you're okay,"  She mumbled.  "I was so worried."

"Sorry Mom,"  Emile mumbled.

"Where were you?"  She fretted, looking Emile over.  "Why are there leaves in your hair?"

Emile quickly glanced over at me.  I didn't know what to do.  Usually I can sweet talk my way out of any punishment, but these are Emile's parents.  Not a teacher.

"We didn't mean to,"  Emile told them.  "We were out in the forest and we were watching the sun set and we accidentally fell asleep.  We didn't mean too, we're sorry."