Don't take your life away from me

I'm feeling evil

I'm feeling evil....

Sorry this is a shitty chapter

I created this world...to feel some control...destroy it if I want...

TRIGGER WARNINGS : DEATH, hospital setting, talks about self harm and car accident

Virgil POV
Remy and Emile are dead.

I just stared at the nurse in utter shock.  Complete and utter shock.  I didn't want to accept it.

My grip on Roman's hand tightened as I felt start to get shallower.  I could feel Roman shaking but he wrapped his arm tightly around my shoulders.

Patton was acting surprisingly calm considering that his two best friends just died.  He was just numbly at the floor. 

But it was nothing compared to how completely grief stricken Mr. and Mrs. Picani looked.  Mrs. Picani was full on sobbing.  Face in her hands and curled into her in the chair.  Mr. Picani was trying to comfort his wife but he was trying and failing to hold back tears of his own.

"How?"  Mrs. Picani chocked out, her voice full of pure grief. 

"We've spent the past hour trying to revive them and stop the blood, but we weren't able to," The nurse explained. "Remy suffered bruises to his heart and four broken ribs. One of the broken ribs ended up pushing into a vital artery which caused internal bleeding in his chest. Emile had a severe concussion and broke both collar bones. The bumper of the car hit his head on the left side, causing a fracture to his skull. In the end, we're rolling blood loss as the cause for both of their deaths."

No one said anything. No one knew what to say. I could barely even react to this. It's the worst thing we been through and ironically, it's not Jackson's or Issac's fault.

"I'm very sorry for you loss," The nurse repeated herself.

Awkward silence filled the space we were in. I leaned my head against Roman's shoulders to attempt to not cry.

Patron was still staring numbly at the floor. Logan was trying to comfort Patton but his hands were shaking. Quinn looked about ready to have an episode. Evan was crying. Damien was holding Evan and Quinn, but there was distress in his eyes. Remus was actually subdued.

But that's when another nurse rushed from the room the first nurse cane from. He grabbed the nurse that was talking to us.

"We have a heartbeat," He whispered, but we all caught it.

Instantly, both nurses disappeared back into the room. Chaos erupted pretty quickly. Hope but then the realization that it was only one heartbeat.

"Who?" Mrs. Picani asked to no one in particular. "Which one of them? Is my baby okay?"

Then the nurse returned. She stopped in front of Mrs. Picani, carrying a new clipboard. She passed it to Emile's parents.

"Emile has a heartbeat," She said. "But it's very weak and our hospital here can't help anymore. We need to fly him to the hospital in the city. We also believe we might be able to revive Remy if we can fly them there."

Emile's parents were instantly signing the papers. The nurse quickly heard back into the room. Seconds later, doctors pushing a gurney ran by.

Emile was lying in the gurney. The entire left half of his head was bandaged and still bleeding badly. A heart monitor attached to him was beeping incredibly slowly.

Seconds later, a gurney with Remy passed by. He looked dead. He literally is dead. Which only raised my anxiety. Remy has no heartbeat anymore.

Emile's parents were allowed to fly in the helicopter to the city hospital with Remy and Emile.

Now we play the waiting game.

~~~~one week and 6 days later~~~~

Emile POV
Everything hurts. Everything felt heavy. Especially my eyelids. There was a horrible sharp pain in my head that felt like being shot.

"Good morning Emile," Said a kind voice. "My name is Nurse Dot. I'm going to need you to open you eye for me honey."

I tried to do as she said. But it hurt. I forced my eye open and I blinked it a few times. Then I realized I couldn't open my left eye.

Panic shot through me and I tried to open my eye. But it refused to open. Everything on the left side of my face was numb and tingling in pain.

The first thing I saw was a middle aged woman with brown hair and soft blue eyes. She had a kind look to her.

"Don't worry," The nurse said. "Your head will heal eventually. But we couldn't keep you in the medically induced coma any longer."

"What...?" I mumbled, my voice incredibly soft. She handed me a glass of water that I drank greedily from.

"Do you remember the accident?" She asked gently.

I thought for a second. Then the memories came crashing back down. Remy's mom. Her death. Our argument. Chasing after Remy in the snow. The car hitting him. The car hitting me.

"Where's Remy?" I asked, tears in my eyes.

"He's right there honey," Nurse Dot told me. I turned to my right to see Remy lying in a hospital bed.

Remy's chest rose faintly with a soft breath. I could tell quickly that he was on life support. More panic flared in me.

"Is he okay?" I asked, my voice cracking in fear.

"We're not sure," She told me gently. "He has four broken ribs and suffered bruising to his heart and a lot of internal bleeding. It took so much to start his heart again

"What's wrong with me?" I questioned further.

"Your collar bones are broken and you revived a fracture to your skull," She explained. "The bandages are there to keep the cuts on the side of your face from getting infected."

I stared up at the ceiling. Fear for Remy wrapped around my mind and heart. Along with guilt.

I should've been able to keep Remy safe. He shouldn't have to go through this. I shouldn't have let him leave the house. I should've pushed him out of the way.

"We called your parents when you stared showing signs of waking up," Nurse Dot continued.

"How long?" I mumbled but she seems to understand.

"One week and six days," She answered. I nodded slowly, getting more anxious. I missed a lot of school. And my essay was due days ago.

"Will Remy wake up?" I asked, looking over at him.

"If I'm being honest," She sighed. "If he doesn't wake up today, we don't think he'll pull through."