Ohana means family

fLuFfY aNgSt

TRIGGER WARNINGS : talks about cutting

Patton POV
I waved by to everyone with a big smile.  Most everyone yelled 'bye' back or at least waved.  Logan stood at my side in the doorway.

"That was fun,"  I said with a laugh, shutting the door.

"Indeed it was,"  Logan agreed.  "It's a school night, so I'm afraid I won't be able to stay much longer."

"Why can't you just spend the night over?"  I complained. 

"My parents would become extremely angry with me if I didn't follow curfew,"  He reminded me.  "But I'll stay as late as I can."

I sighed but wrapped my arms around his shoulder and brought him down for a kiss. Logan mumbled something in surprise but quickly returned the kiss.

Kissing Logan always makes me feel better. I don't know why. It's like I'm floating. It's the best feeling in the world.

Logan wrapped an arm around me and pulled me back down the hallway and into the living room. He sat down on the couch.

"Are you aware of when your parents will be home?" Logan asked.

"Probably not for a while," I mumbled. "They're still pretty angry about the birthday party thing."

"That happened back in November," He said in confusion. "It's January now."

"Yeah, I know," I sighed. "Don't ask me why, because I don't know why they hold these grudges. I think it just gives them an excuse to stay away."

"Are you even aware of where they are?" He continued.

"Nope," I answered. "And I don't think I care about that anymore." I mumbled the last part. It's something I've been thinking about for a while, but saying it out loud made it solidify in my mind.

"Apologies Patton," Logan mumbled, seeming to catch on that this upset me.

"It's fine,"  I told him.  "I'm going to make some tea."

Without waiting for a response, I headed into the kitchen.  With eased practice, I pulled the kettle out and filled it with water before setting it on the stove.

I grabbed two mugs and sat them on the counter.  Finding a tea box, I pulled out two bags to set in the cups. 

This was the brand that had the little trinkets inside the boxes.  This box came with a little yellow sandcastle.  But that's a common one that I already gave five or so more.

Once the water started boiling, I poured it into the cups.  I stirred them both a bit with a spoon before heading back into the living room.

Logan was sitting on the couch with his book again.  Marigold was trying to sit in Logan's lap but he wasn't too keen on it. 

I laughed a little at his predicament, earning myself a glare.  I sat the two mugs on the coffee table next to the couch. 

"I'd thank you kindly to get your dog off me,"  Logan complained. 

"Oh you love her,"  I teased, sitting in Logan's lap and pulling Marigold into mine.