There are easier ways to learn about death

TRIGGER WARNINGS : DEATH, guns

Virgil POV
"Devereux Corotion, better known for his many crimes that include the murder of eleven people within our city," The news lady said with a grave face. "Has escaped prison."

My anxiety skyrocketed. He's back. I was still young when it all happened, but a serial killer is still a serial killer.

"No," Was all Quinn said before curling up in a shaking ball. He wasn't crying. But he was staring wide eyed in horror at something the rest of us couldn't see. Evan was instantly at his side.

"Hey, you aren't there. He won't hurt you again. You're safe here," Evan said gently, running a hand through Quinn's hand.

"He's back," Quinn whispered.

"He won't hurt you again," Evan told him. We all looked at each other uncomfortably, confused by this.

"What's happening?" Damien asked, turning to me.

"I told you," I mumbled. "Crazy serial killer. He escaped prison."

"That fuckers finally come for us all!" Screeched Remus with an insane laugh. "We're all gonna die!"

"What are we supposed to do?" Roman asked, looking at Quinn.

"You boys stay here," Roman's Mom said, looking at the tv in fear. She turned to leave but Quinn's phone starting ringing.

Quinn flinched horribly. Evan grabbed the phone and answered, switching it to speaker before tossing it to the floor.

"Quinn?" Came a panicked woman's voice from the phone. "Quinn are you there?"

"I'm here Mom," Quinn mumbled, but he otherwise didn't respond.

"Listen to me Quinn. Do. Not. Come. Home." There was a sharp gasp, followed by what sounded like a sob. "He's here. He came back for us."

A gunshot.

Another gunshot.

"Don't come back! Go away. Go far away from here. He's going to go after you once he's gets me!"

A gunshot and a woman's scream. Followed by a sobbing and a man yelling obscenities.

"Listen to me Quinn. Know I love you. I'm sorry I never stopped him when he hurt you. I was a bad mother. I let him hurt you and touch you and lock you away for years. I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. I love you-"

The woman's talking was cut off by a gunshot and a woman's scream. Silence. Horrible silence that could only mean one thing.

There was movement on the other end. Then a man answered. With a stutter and a gruff voice.

"You hear that boy? Guess who's back. I'm coming for you. You're gonna die this time. And I'm not alone this time. I got some guy...calls himself Fey. He had a lot of money that's gonna buy me a lot of toys for you. And another, Pierce. Wants his son gone too. Same with Fey. You best get your ass home right now Quinn. Daddy's home."

"Well shit," I breathed. So my dad wants me dead and is going to pay a serial killer to kill me.

"No kidding," Remy responded. He looked uneasily at Quinn.

"How the hell is my dad paying Quinn's dad?" Damien asked, the shock obvious on his face.

"Rich people do rich shit," Remus mumbled. He seemed actually subdued by what just happened.

Quinn stumbled up. But Evan grabbed him and pulled him back down.

"I have to go," Quinn mumbled. "Have to help Mom."

"You are not going back there," Evan said.

"But-" Quinn tried to argue. "He's just going to hunt me down and hurt anyone until I'm gone."

"No," Evan told him. "C'mon, were going back to my house."

"No!" Quinn yelled standing up quickly. "He knows you! He'll know to check there! He's going to kill us!"

"You can always stay with me," Emile said. "None of your three dad's know me or where I live or that's we're friends."

"Okay but Patton and I already live with you," Remy said.

"They don't care," Emile said. "Even if they don't, we can always stay at Patton's since his parents are never there."

"The safest possibility is for you two, especially Quinn, to stay with someone until this blows over," Logan said. "I say we take this to the police and let them deal with this. I'm sure that this will all blow over soon."

"But what if it doesn't?" I mumbled, sitting back down. The panic set in.

"Nothing bad is going to happen," Roman said, sitting down next to me.

"But-" I started but Roman cut me off with a kiss.

"The police will catch him," Patton said gently. Trying to comfort both me and Quinn.

"I have an idea," Remus said. "Let's just stay here. Ya know, where we're safe. In a big house. And wait for the police to deal with all this shit."

Without waiting for our response, Remus wandered off. He sauntered away, his mom watching with worry.

"Remus...he is right," Roman's Mom said. "We have the space. You can all stay here until this blows over."

"Is that okay with all of you guys?" Roman asked everyone.

"It is the weekend, but I must return home once Monday comes," Logan said, seemingly to not be too bothered by the prospect of a serial killer on the loose.

"Sleepover!" Patton squealed, wrapping his arms around Emile. Emile nodded with a small smile, Remy mimicking him.

Damien just nodded, looking in worry at Quinn and Evan. Quinn was shaking horribly while Evan tried to help.

"We'll stay," Evan whispered, trying his best to calm Quinn.

It wasn't much of a question for me. I already stay here. Roman's parents still won't let me go back to my house. Even more so now because of this.

Roman smiled over at me comfortingly. Roman's Mom pulled out her phone to call the police to report the death of Quinn's Mom.

We'll be fine.