Hold my hand, you're going to be okay

TRIGGER WARNING : abuse, hitting/slapping/kicking, swearing, derogatory terms

Virgil POV
I was actually excited for today. Not anxious. But feeling genuinely happy for once.

I get to hang out with both Damien and Roman today. The person that I would probably consider my best friend and the guy who's made me realize that I'm gay as fuck.

You're job to figure out who's who.

I looked in the mirror again, actually slightly concerned with how I looked today. Black skinny jeans. Scuffed up combat boots. Loose fitting black shirt. Three Days Grace jean jacket over a black and grey flannel. My Chemical Romance beanie.

Looks emo enough to me. I smudged my eyeliner a bit more and then took a few more antidepressants.

I gave Luna a quick pet, making her purr, before heading out of my room. I shot Damien a quick text that I was on my way to Coffee and Cream.

I headed down the stairs quickly, making it to the front door without seeing any sign of either parents. That's good.

I opened the door, but only got it an inch open before a hand slammed it shut. I jumped and turned around quickly, coming face to face with Dad. Well, he had a good foot on me.

"Where do you think you're going boy?" He growled, the smell of beer wafting off him.

"To meet friends," I mumbled.

"Who would be friends with you?" He scoffed. "Everyone hates you."

I flinched at his words but tried to not let it show. Dad noticed it however and smiled.

"I think you need to be taught a lesson," He whispered. Panic started to fill me and I felt as if I was suffocating.

The smell of bear was overwhelming and I didn't like the smell. He was right up in my face, trapping me between him and the door.

He grabbed my wrist and drug me into the living room. I forced me to sit down on the couch as he stood in front of me.

"I am your father correct?" He asked me. I nodded 'yes' quickly out of fear.

I got a slap on the face. I brought my hand up to my now stinging cheek. I refused to cry despite the pain.

"You will answer when I ask you a question you!" He screamed, punching me this time.

I cried out when sparks of pain went through my nose. My eyes filled with water and I could tell I was going to cry. Hot blood was instantly pouring out of my nose.

I pulled me upwards and shoved me forwards into the coffee table. I grimaced as pain shot through my hip.

Dad grabbed the back of my head and slammed my head forwards into the table. I screamed as the corner of it connected with my forehead.

I had an instant migraine. I was shaking and could barely get a single breath in.

I fell to the ground and curled up, hugging my knees to my chest. I cried out in pain with every sharp kick to my back.

His foot eventually connected with my eye, making the room go spinning. My vision went black a bit but I didn't loose consciousness.

"Faggot," A kick.

"Failure," A kick.

"Mistake," A kick.

"Worthless," A kick.

"Freak," A kick.

"I hate you," A kick.

I can't take this. I jumped up, shoving him backwards onto the couch. Rage filled his eyes as he registered what I did.

I bolted. Running to the front door and throwing it open. I could hear Dad screaming after me but I didn't stop running.

I kept running until I saw Coffee and Cream. I was gasping for breath. My vision spotted and I finally became aware of how much pain I was in.

I stumbled into the alleyway next to Coffee and Cream and collapsed. I leaned against the wall and curled up.

I tried to take deep breaths but I couldn't. I can't breath. I started sobbing. Out of fear, anger, or pain I couldn't tell. Probably a bit of all three.

I texted Roman, asking for him to come. A prince to come rescue me.

I wasn't sure how much time had passed before someone put their hand on my shoulder.

I looked up be a blob of red and gold past the tears in my eyes. I heard the person let out a gasp and than a yellow and back blob joined them.

My vision cleared and I saw Rom and Damien. They were looking at me in concern and anger.

"What happened?" Damien asked, sitting against the wall next to me. I leaned gratefully into Damien's shoulder, also catching the jealous look that crossed Roman's face.

"Dad..." I chocked out. My shaking grew worse at that. I noticed how both Roman and Damien tensed up, anger rolling off them in waves.

"Hey, hold my hand," Damien said, holding his hand out of me. "You're going to be okay."

I grabbed his hand quickly, thankful for something to hold onto. Damien was good at helping me calm down with my panic attacks.

"Just focus on that feeling," He mumbled, gently running his thumb over my knuckles. "Take deep breaths. In for four seconds, hold for seven, exhale for eight."

After a while, I finally calmed down. I took a deep breath, glad my shaking had ceased.

"I'm sorry," I breathed out, tired after such a bad attack.

"You don't have to apologize for stuff like that," Roman told me. I smiled gratefully at him.

"What do you wanna do Virge?" Damien asked me.

"Whatever you want do to," Roman added, clearly jealous of Damien. I wonder why he's so jealous.

"I just want to be mentally stable," I said with a laugh.

"Don't we all," Agreed Damien with a laugh. Roman just sat their awkwardly.

"I still want coffee," I said.

"Than get coffee we shall get!" Roman declared in a prince-like way. That earned a small laugh from me.

Damien helped me too my feet. I smiled a bit upon noticing that he wasn't using makeup to cover up his scars.

"We need to get your face cleaned up," Damien told me.

"Yeah definitely," Roman said. "Why don't you go get some paper towels Damien."

The two glared at each other. Eventually Damien huffed and headed back into the coffee shop to get paper towels.

"Why can't you two get along?" I asked him.

"I don't know what you're talking about," Roman said.

"Whatever," I grumbled.

"I'm just angry with your Dad," Roman lied.

"Thanks for caring so much," I said sheepishly. Roman blushed a bright red.

"Yeah...well...you're welcome," He stuttered. "Just don't want anything bad happening to you."

Damien returned quickly with some paper towels. He gently got all the blood off my face, Roman just standing there awkwardly again.

We went back into the coffee shop and had some coffee. The rest of the day was good. Things are finally starting to look.