Going mute for the aesthetic

WE HIT 100K READS ON THIS BOOKS

YAYAYAYYAYAY

THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH!!!!

TRIGGER WARNINGS : talks about self harm (cutting), PTSD episodes, talks about depression & anxiety & anorexia, talks about abuse (hitting), talks about severe bullying and attempted murder, death, talks about drug abuse, talks about attempted suicide, lots of swearing

Damien POV
Happy tears filled my eyes as Quinn opened his eyes. He didn't move much, just blinking a few times and staring at the ceiling.

"Quinn?" I mumbled, gently rubbing his knuckles. Evan moved and slipped a hand over Quinn and I's joined hands.

"Is he awake?" Asked Patton, yawning and sitting up. He rubbed his eyes before placing his glasses back on.

Patton broke out into a smile and started waking up the other upon seeing that Quinn was awake.

"Everyone's finally okay," Virgil sighed, running a hand through his hair.

"Now you two just have to get better," Roman said while giving Virgil a kiss on his forehead.

"I vote knives for when we beat the shit out of Jackson for putting both Virgil and Quinn in the hospital," Remy said. "Or is that not violent enough."

"Violence isn't the answer," Emile chastised him. "And it's good to see you're awake Quinn."

Quinn didn't say anything. He was looking blankly at his hand being held by Evan and I. Then he pulled his hand away and curled up on his side.

Evan looked up at my in confusion. I met his gaze with the same confusion before looking back at Quinn.

"Are you okay?" I asked him. No response.

A part of me wondered if he just didn't want to be touched right now. But he wasn't talking either.

"Quinn?" Evan whispered, gently resting a hand on Quinn's arm.

Quinn reacted quickly to that. He shot up, wide eyed and starting to hyperventilate. He pressed his back up against the headboard and scratched at where Evan touched him.

"Stop," I said sternly, grabbing his hand to stop him from making himself bleed. I know it's not good to touch him when he gets like this but I can't let him hurt himself like that.

"Is he okay?" Roman asked, looking worriedly at him.

"I don't know," I mumbled, slowly sitting back down. Evan curled up in my lap, distraught by Quinn's state.

"At least he's awake," Patton said, trying to remain positive. "And even if he isn't talking, he seems to know what's going on."

"But why isn't he talking?" Remy asked. "Can ya hear us?"

Quinn nodded his head 'yes'.

"Then why the hell aren't you talking to us?" Remy continued.

Quinn flinched, not responding.

"What's wrong?" Patton asked.

"Maybe he just doesn't want to talk about it," Emile suggested.

"Or maybe he just doesn't want to talk to us," Virgil mumbled. "Is he mad at us."

Quinn didn't respond. He just laid his head down on my knees, now refusing to even look at us.

"Does he hate us for not getting to him sooner?" Evan asked me.