Snake Face

TRIGGER WARNING : blood, fighting, swearing, derogatory terms, panic attacks

Virgil POV
I can't describe the amount of anxiety that jolted through me as Jackson fell back onto the floor with a bloody nose.

"I dare you to call them that again," Damien hissed, his eyes narrowed into angry slits.

"Quinn is a psycho," Jackson said while standing back up. "Evan is a whore."

"They are not," Damien said lowly, his hands clenching and unclenching. I could tell he was about to loose his cool.

"And you're a snake face," Jackson purred, looking pleased with himself at the nickname.

Jackson you done fucked up doing that.

Without another word, Damien lunged at Jackson. The two of them fell to the ground, rolling around and punching each other.

If there's one way to piss Damien off, mention his scar in a negative way. It will make him so pissed off and he will flip instantly.

Chaos erupted pretty quickly. People started gathering around changing 'fight! fight!' over and over.

I felt panic rising in my chest. I wanted to get up and stop Damien, calm him down in the ways I knew how. But fear kept me rooted to my chair.

This is Jackson. My bully since middle school. There's no way I could stand up to him, even in Damien's defense.

I felt Roman's hand slip into mine. I held tightly to him, my hands shaky from how scared I was. Roman somehow always manages to calm me.

Soon, teachers started forcing themselves into the circle. It was my English teacher and the principle. They ripped the two of them apart.

"Detention for both of you!" Screamed Principle Williams, holding both of them by the back of their shirts. 

Damien mouthed 'meet me after school at the park' to all of us as Principle Williams pulled him and Jackson away to his office.

I gave him the slightest of nods.  The English teacher started yelling at everyone to get back to lunch.

"Well that sure was something,"  Remy laughed, sipping from his Starbucks. 

"Is Damien always this aggressive?"  Patton asked me. 

"Yeah,"  I said, laughing softly as I remembered all the trouble Damien would get into at New Dawn.  "He likes getting into fights."

"Sounds like my kind of guy,"  Remy smirked.  Emile gave him an offended look.  "But no one could replace you."  Even thought Remy whispered it to Emile, we all heard it.

"Does Damien have any type of anger management issues?"  Logan asked me.

"No but even if he did, it's not my place to tell,"  I defended.  Logan just shrugged in response. 

"Seriously though,"  Roman said, his arm replacing where Damien's was around my shoulders.  "How do you two know each other?"

I tensed up as bad memories of New Dawn filled my mind.  Everyone seemed to notice my change in behavior.

I pushed Roman's arm off of me and I stood up.  I felt a panic attack rising. 

"Just meet Damien at the park after school,"  I mumbled, quickly walking away from the table. 

~•~

Damien pushed me gently on the swings.  I enjoyed how the cold wind slapped against my bruised face.  Made me feel alive.