Oh, that's awkward

sOmEoNe cLaiMeD tO bE bEtTeR aT aNgSt tHaN mE

yOU kNoW wHaT tHaT mEaNs

Sorry I took a break, I'll try not to again

I still wanna die

Fair warning, my theater nerd self will be coming out in this chapter and I'm basically doing what my school did for this musical

TRIGGER WARNINGS : anorexia, lots of self hatred and negative body imagery

Roman POV
The musical is tonight! I couldn't be more excited and also nervous. But why should I be nervous when I know I'm going to be amazing?

I was standing in the music room of the school. It was the only place I could hide without getting in trouble or risk running into someone.

While singing my heart out to my songs in the musical, because the room is soundproof, I worked on how I am going to ask Virgil to prom. It needs to be grand, perfect and extravagant, like myself.

My Virgil dearest will absolutely love what I have planned. It's absolutely amazing, but also in a way that hopefully won't make Virgil anxious.

I'm going to try and make sure it's in private so he doesn't feel pressured or in case what I have planned is too much.  And I'll do my best to stay by his side the entire night because I know he doesn't like big crowds. 

The way I'm going about this is slightly stereotypical.  But I think it's emo enough that Virgil can appreciate it.  Hopefully. 

I had a big black poster covered in purple and red hearts.  I wrote his name on the top in beautiful purple calligraphy.

And of course, there had to be an emo pun. So, also in purple calligraphy, as the statement;

If it's still me that makes your sweat, come to prom with me?

Virgil had to appreciate it. I spent hours in my room researching emo bands and songs to find the perfect lyrics. I ended up with this quote from Panic! At The Disco.

But this isn't romantic enough. Of course I'll buy him roses. However, I can't decide if I should use red or roses. Maybe I'll just do both.

There should be candles too. It'll have to be dark when I ask then. Oh! I'll do it outside during sunset! That will be so amazing romantic. Rose petals everywhere!

I squealed to myself. I'm more excited than I probably should be. I'm just a romantic and I can't help it.

Shocking me from my singing and thoughts, the door opened. I turned around with an apology already ready, expecting the music teacher.

But Damien was standing there, hands in his pockets. He was laughing a bit at me with an eyebrow raised.

"Don't look!" I yelled, trying to cover the poster.