- 1 3 - PRACTICE AND PRIORITIES

"FLIPENDO IS A WONDERFUL SPELL IN A WITCH OR WIZARD'S ARSENAL IN DUELING

"FLIPENDO IS A WONDERFUL SPELL IN A WITCH OR WIZARD'S ARSENAL IN DUELING. Now, no one shall use this spell outside of classrooms or one shall face a threatening sentence of detentions," Professor Flitwick explained looking at the Slytherins then back to the Gryffindors. His squeaky voice wasn't very threatening to Lorelei.

He continued, "It's a knockback jinx. Now, every one shall turn to chapter two and read up on the jinx before we do practicals with it. Hurry up, now."

After class, Lee heard Montague threatening to use it on Lorelei. He groaned to the Gryffindors once they were far away enough not to cause a fight. "What's Montague's problem with you, Lor?"

"He's a pureblood, Lee," Angelina said with a shrug.

Lorelei looked lost. "What does that have to do with anything?"

George snorted. "We're purebloods but get called blood-traitors because we simply do not care about blood purity. They believe magic should stay in all-magic families."

"And, not to be rude Lor, you're half a mermaid," Alicia said with a grimace. "It's not really preferred to mate with other breeds. We don't care! But they do."

Lorelei frowned but nodded. She understood. It was just like under the sea. Those under the water hated her for her witch side. She shrugged and walked a bit ahead of the group. "Nothing I haven't dealt with before." The girl walked briskly away from them making the Gryffindors frown.

"Why'd you have to put it that way, Al?" Lee said.

Fred groaned. "Now, she's probably really upset."

"How else did you want her to say it, Fred?" Angelina snapped and pulled Alicia after Lorelei.

George looked as if he wanted to follow but he held himself back. Sighing, he redirected his mind to the prank Fred was planning for that evening.

A few days had passed and it was the first Quidditch practice. Oliver snapped at the second-years to hurry up once they were one foot out of their Potion lesson. The group quickly followed Oliver to the changing rooms.

"You'll find your jerseys already made up. Quickly now. Only wear the practice one. We've got a lot to do."

With that, he left and took the boys to their changing room.

Patricia smiled at the girls that were two years younger than her. "Don't be worried. It's the first practice, so he'll make it as hard as he can. That's what all captains do. This'll just prove he made the right choice in picking you lot. He's worried too many second-years will prove to be a problem against the older kids."

Angelina scoffed as she pulled her jersey over her head. "I can take on any seventh-year. Let them try me."

"Good attitude. Let's hope it sticks," Patricia said with a wicked gleam in her eye.

Their attitudes didn't stick.

By the end of practice, everyone, even Patricia and the seventh-year, Jordan Mackle, was exhausted. Oliver grinned at the kids once they all landed on the pitch. Fred and George fell to the ground dramatically, but Angelina, Alicia, and Lorelei didn't feel far too behind.

"You're a tough group of second-years. It'll get easier. Go rest. You've earned it," Oliver said while helping the twins stand. "Good catch, Mackle. Just keep your eyes peeled..." his voice trailed off as he walked away from the group.

Patricia smiled at them. "First game is next week. I hope you're ready. Against Ravenclaw."

Lorelei sighed loudly. She had a potion essay that needed to be finished along with practicing that damn knockback jinx. She felt exhausted.

When the group made it to their common room, most had already gone down to dinner. George groaned as he landed on the couch. "I don't even want to walk to the Great Hall."

"No way. Rather starve," Angelina agreed while falling onto the floor near the fireplace. Fred pulled Lee to sit next to him while Lorelei went upstairs to grab Brizo and her potion's essay.

"There is no possible way you are able to even look at homework right now," George cried when he saw her parchment as she sat at a nearby table.

Lorelei smirked at him. "I have to get it done, George. As do you."

Fred scoffed and said, "We'll do it in the morning. You wouldn't mind letting us look at yours?"

"If you copy my work, Fred Weasley, I'll--"

"Shhh...too loud. Going to bed right here," Angelina hissed from her spot on the floor. Lorelei snorted as Brizo decided to crawl on her back. "Please tell me that's the crab and not a large spider."

"Would you like honesty?" Lee teased.

Angelina screeched causing Brizo to jump off quickly and hide under George's arm. "Scaredy crab," Fred muttered. Brizo glared at him.

Lorelei finished her essay after some time. She noticed after curfew had struck, the Gryffindors were all heading to bed. Her group of friends was all passed out together near the couches and fireplace. Lorelei smirked when Percy came over to her asking, "Should I be concerned?"

"No. Quidditch is all."

"Why aren't you tired?" Percy questioned.

"Potions essay. Priorities, Perce. They don't have them," Lorelei teased. Brizo climbed happily onto Percy's shoulder.

Percy snorted. "Glad you have them. Make sure they get to bed." Lorelei nodded.

After handing back Brizo, he went off to bed. Lorelei put her potion's essay away and walked back downstairs. She muttered the levitation spell on Angelina and Alicia first and second. She rested them in their beds and pulled their blankets over their bodies.

She went back downstairs and brought Lee and Fred to bed before going downstairs to see George rubbing his eyes. He looked around and caught Lorelei's eye. He chuckled. "I saw my brother flying away. Thought I was going mad for a second."

"You are mad. Go to bed so I can go. I didn't get a nap."

"Whose fault is that?" George said with a grin standing up. Lorelei sniggered when George tripped over the couch's leg. "Shut up."

"Go to bed. You look like me walking on two legs for the first time."

George gave her a deadpanned look before smirked. "Not going to tuck me in?"

"You should've stayed sleeping then," Lorelei said with a teasing grin. She waved the boy good night and went to her own bed. She slept heavily that night.