- 1 1 1 - VIAL OF RELIEF

LORELEI RECEIVED ANOTHER WEEK'S WORTH OF DETENTION FOR DEFENDING HARRY

LORELEI RECEIVED ANOTHER WEEK'S WORTH OF DETENTION FOR DEFENDING HARRY. McGonagall had been furious with the mermaid, but at this point, no one's anger level met Lorelei's. Lorelei was fed up, frustrated, and about to burst from the pain of not being in the water.

She had gone to Severus Snape one early morning before classes. She walked into his office without knocking, and the wizard raised his wand in alarm before lowering it in shock. The witch in front of him was crying hysterically. He was never good with feelings, and he didn't understand why she had come to him until she finally calmed down enough to speak.

"Brew me something, anything, Professor, to make the pain go away. She won't let me go in the water, please," she pleaded the Slytherin Head of House. He only nodded and quickly, though in a dramatic Snape way, went to his storages.

Lorelei watched as the Potion's master came back with plenty of ingredients. After summoning his cauldron, he began to work. He took notice of how the mermaid fidgeted in the seat, flinching at every loud sound. She looked like a Muggle addict who had been too long without what they so possess.

"I tried to persuade Dolores to allow you in the water," Snape told the girl, trying to make her realize people did try.

"I know. McGonagall told me," Lorelei mumbled. "Thank you."

Severus did not say a word after that as he brewed the potion. He added ingredients she had never even seen before and was working at such a fast pace. After almost an hour, Snape poured the contents into a large vial. With a bored tone, he said, "This should last you until Christmas. It won't get rid of the itch, but it'll reduce the stinging sensation. It's not much, but it's all I can do. Merpeople rarely come out of the water, so potions for the usage of your kind are hard to find."

Lorelei grabbed the blue vial with shaky hands. "And what do I do with it?"

"A drop into your morning pumpkin juice will suffice. No more or your body may turn numb," Snape drawled, pointing his wand to clean up the mess he made. "Breakfast is almost done, head to the Great Hall. Remember--one drop."

Lorelei sighed heavily once reaching the Great Hall. George's body sagged in relief when he saw her, but when she neared him, he hissed out, "Where were you?"

"Snape made me a potion for my skin. It's unbearable," Lorelei muttered back.

Harry's eyes widened at the vial she was about to pour into her pumpkin juice. Ron almost yelled out, "Are you mental? Snape made you that, and you're going to drink it?"

Lorelei glared at the Gryffindor Keeper. "It's either this or I knock you off your broom at practice, which by the way, I am moving an hour early this week due to Harry and I's detentions. Do not tell the pink puff, please."

She didn't even notice the Gryffindors around her laughing at her name for Umbridge. She poured a small drop into her juice and sighed out in relief when she took a sip. The pain she felt was minimized. It wouldn't take it away, she remembered Snape's words, but it was better than nothing.

Angelina stood up to tell Katie secretly of their new Quidditch times for the week to which the Chaser threw up a thumbs up happily.

Harry nudged Lorelei's side making the mermaid glance tiredly at him. "I spoke to Snuffles the other day. Almost as irritable as you with being stuck at Grimm--oh, don't look at me like that; it was funny--anyway, he requests you write to him. Also, at the next Hogsmeade weekend, Hermione wants to get a group together, a defense group. She wants me to teach it, but I don't think that's a good idea. I mean, have you see--"

Lorelei covered the boy's mouth with her hand. "I'll write to Snuffles soon. Just been a bit preoccupied. As for this group, it sounds lovely. You'd be a wonderful teacher, right better than old toad face or anyone at this school."

Harry pushed Lorelei's hand off with a mock glare before biting his lip nervously. "You think?"

"I know. You're a wonderful wizard, Harry."

So, on the first weekend of October, Lorelei followed Fred and Lee with George, who was holding her hand tightly, through Zonkos. Fred was showing George a bunch of products, so Lorelei let his hand go. He looked at her with a confused expression. "Go, have fun," she teased watching his eyes light up as he ran to Fred and Lee holding a large metal rod.

Lorelei walked over to a shelf with the fireworks she loved so much and remembered threatening to put them in Ron's bed. It seemed like as each year passed, it was about three years. Lorelei felt older than she was, and she was sure she'd have grey hairs early at the rate things were going.

After a while, she called out for the twins to hurry along. "We've got somewhere to be," she reminded them. So, they quickly paid for their items before following Lorelei to the Hogs Head Inn.