- 7 6 - BRIZO

"HERE? OF ALL THE EMPTY DESKS, PUCEY?" Lorelei drawled while taking out her Defense book and a quill

"HERE? OF ALL THE EMPTY DESKS, PUCEY?" Lorelei drawled while taking out her Defense book and a quill. Brizo moved closer to Lorelei in fear. Pucey only smirked.

"What's wrong with this spot? Unless you don't want me here, dear Black," he said with his smirk widening.

Lorelei frowned even more. How were all these students and teachers knowing her father's last name? She didn't reply. Instead, she focused on her book and began to doodle in it as the class filled.

Pucey sat quietly for a moment before snickering. "You and the weasels have a spat? Weasel one keeps glaring at you."

"Misunderstanding. He'll get over it. Why're you worried about the so-called blood-traitors?" she didn't even look up at him as she spoke. This conversation surprised her as she hadn't felt the urge to hurt him yet, it was more so a bored manner that she spoke in. It might have been the exhaustion she felt already about the row she was having with George or the fact that Moody knew her last name, but Lorelei was quite ready for the holiday break.

Pucey laughed, stunning Lorelei and a few others in the room who saw the Gryffindor and Slytherin speaking casually. "Funny, Calypso. Never thought I'd hear those words from your lips." She noted how he only said Black once, just to let her know that he knew.

Lorelei smirked at the gaping faces of her twins as they watched the exchange. George's eyes narrowed as he turned away sharply.

The class was hushed when Moody stumbled into the classroom. He glared at all the students before walking, no hobbling, to the front.

"You're all in here because you managed a decent O.W.L. result. Whatever you've learned up to this point will do you no good in a duel or in a proper war," he mumbled while writing something on the board. Pucey smirked when he saw it said Unforgivable Curses. Lorelei paled a bit at the thought of learning them. "How many Unforgivable Curses are there? Yes, Mr. er..."

"Warrington, sir. Three Unforgivables."

"Yes. The Ministry does not wish for you to be taught these, but I don't see a reason why you shouldn't be. If a dark wizard were to use one of these on you, it's best to know how to fight against it. RIGHT!? CONSTANT VIGILENCE! Who here could name one of them?" he grumbled out madly. How could they fight a killing curse? "Miss ...?" Moody walked closer to the students in between desks.

"Johnson, Professor. The mind-controlling curse called the Imperius curse."

"Right, ah why don't we--" Lorelei gasped as Moody came close to her and grabbed her crab straight from her hands. "What's his name, Black?"

Lorelei glared at the man with hatred filling her dark eyes. Brizo shook to get free, but Moody held a firm grip. "Calypso, Professor. His name is Brizo. Please, he doesn't like to be held by random people."

She tried to grab him, but he quickly walked to the front of the class. Brizo was screeching, but Moody paid no mind. "He'll like me in a second. Imperio."

The crab stopped fighting in his arms. Moody made the crab do all sorts of tricks around the room. Gryffindors and Slytherins laughed except Lorelei and her friends who glared at the man as Brizo flew around the room. Montague coughed loudly and rose his hand. "Another is the torturing curse called the Cruciatus."

Montague smirked at the girl as Moody nodded and thanked the Slytherin. With a wave of his wand, he began to torture Brizo. "Crucio!"

Brizo began to scream, and so did Lorelei. She ran to the front where Moody was and yelled for him to stop. She felt arms pull her back, but she tried to break free. Brizo was in immense pain and Lorelei couldn't stop crying because she could do nothing.

"STOP, PROFESSOR!" she heard the twins shout with Lee and Angelina joining in. No one was laughing now.

Once Moody stopped, she grabbed Brizo from the table and stuffed him gently in her pocket. Glaring at the man through tears, she hissed out, "The killing curse, that's the final one. Avada Kedavra, Professor."

With that, she stormed past George, who was the one to hold her back, and grabbed her bag off of the floor. Without even looking back, she left the classroom with a slam of the door. She could still feel the tears falling as she took Brizo out of her pocket. He wasn't even moving as he was in pain still.

Making her way to the only place she knew she should go, she knocked three times on Hagrid's door. She saw students outside, fourth-years messing with Blast-Ended Skrewts. Cursing when Ron's eyes locked with her own, she hastily looked away. She didn't even think about Hagrid having a class, and she really didn't want more people knowing about what just happened even if it'll be around the school in less than an hour.

Ron saw that she was obviously looking for Hagrid, so he hit Harry's shoulder. He motioned his head toward the mermaid who was sobbing as she sat by the door waiting for Hagrid to be finished with his lesson. Harry sucked in a breath, not liking the look on her face at all. He briskly walked over to Hagrid who was talking to Pansy and the Slytherins about their attitudes.

"H-Hagrid. Could you come here for a second?" he hissed to the half-giant who saw the urgency in Harry's eyes.

"Detention wit' Filch, Miss Parkinson," Hagrid mumbled before following Harry. He saw Lorelei crying by his door and immediately made his way over to her. "Lorelei? What's t'e matter? C'mon in."

He pushed open his door and led the girl in. He saw Harry make his way back to the fourth-years, though it was reluctantly. Harry wanted nothing more than to make sure she was all right. Lorelei sat in a chair while Hagrid made her a cup of tea. He told her to sit there until his class finished. He would be back as soon as it was, he continued to try and reassure her. He noticed she was just staring at her crab.

Lorelei watched the half-giant leave and set Brizo gently on the table.

"Hiya, Briz. Oh, I'm so sorry. I'll never let anyone hurt you again," Lorelei said while sobbing all over again.

-
A/N

We hit 10K reads! That's awesome! I love reading the comments and seeing people vote on chapters. It always makes my day! Happy reading :)