- 1 8 0 - BREAKING IN

CHARLIE HAD TO PRY HIS MOTHER OFF OF HIM IN ORDER TO LEAVE

CHARLIE HAD TO PRY HIS MOTHER OFF OF HIM IN ORDER TO LEAVE. Lorelei had to pry Charlie from Ophelia.

It seemed as soon as Charlie Disapparated from the property, Bill appeared with Olivander and Dean. He left quickly, reappearing with only Luna. Lorelei eyed the eldest Weasley with narrowed eyes, but he only quickly muttered Griphook was involved with Harry's plan. Lorelei asked nothing else as she showed them to their rooms for now.

Embry and Ginny were glad to have Luna and Dean to speak to. Ginny and Dean spoke like old friends instead of old lovers while Embry and Luna added their own input to the conversation. Molly was cooking with Aunt Muriel while Arthur went to check on Olivander, the man too weak to stand... but he was alive.

Fred and George were doing work again, so Lorelei stood outside in the frigid air with her baby bundled and swaddled on her chest. Lorelei bounced ever so slightly to keep the movement for her own warmth and the baby's entertainment. Ophelia's wide eyes were taking in everything around her as Lorelei walked around the small porch, but her eyes always snapped back to Lorelei's.

Lorelei could not help but wonder what Harry's plan was, and she longed for an answer. She hoped Griphook would be of some use to them, but she knew the goblins were odd creatures. They could be rather rude as she remembered from her time with them. She just hoped they found the damn goblet to mark off another Horcrux. How many were left? The diary, the ring, the locket, the goblet--four already. Harry mentioned a feeling that one was at Hogwarts--five. Were there more? Did Harry know about them?

Their lives were depending on Harry defeating these Horcruxes, and she felt awful. That was so much pressure on one boy. Lorelei held Ophelia tighter to her chest as she mumbled, "Godric, I hope you grow up with a normal childhood. I hope we defeat the Dark Lord for good." Ophelia smiled in response.

And what if he didn't? What if Harry failed? Lorelei knew Ophelia could possibly become a mermaid at three if the genes reached her, but what about the Weasleys? She couldn't take her daughter and leave them? But what if it was the only way? Lorelei felt like throwing up.

Lorelei heard someone open the door. Turning, she saw Embry eyeing her warily. She quickly handed Ophelia to him, moving to the lawn to let out the sick that was being forced down. Embry cursed under his breath before calling for George.

The man ran out to Lorelei immediately, pulling her hair back as Lorelei seemed to weep. He didn't know what the hell was wrong, but he held her firmly to his chest to allow her to let it out. This reminded him too much of when Amatheia died. He, too, longed for Harry to be here to help keep Lorelei's mind safe from her withering thoughts.

"What's wrong?" he asked quietly, motioning for Embry to take Ophelia inside.

"Godric, what if we lose, George? What if Ophelia can't be safe here?" Lorelei snarled out. "What will we do? I-I'm so scared for Harry, for us! What if he can't do it on his own, what if--"

"Lor, calm down," George said quickly, noticing her breathing becoming faint. "Harry's going to be fine. We'll be fine. Lia's going to be fine. Shh, calm down." Lorelei gripped George's sweater firmly, and George knew she couldn't be left alone for too long again. He did not want her thoughts to get the best of her.

"Oi!" Fred called, hating to interrupt with the way Lorelei looked. "Lee's on again! It's important--it's Harry!"

Lorelei grabbed George's hand as they took off into the home.

Luna handed Lorelei a glass of water as Embry said, "They used your name, Lorelei, as the code." Lorelei felt herself smiling slightly as George allowed her to sit on his lap. The entire household, minus Olivander, was listening to Lee now.

Lorelei smiled at Lee's voice. "Today is May first, ladies and gents, and this is River speaking. Royal was not able to be here for this, but I heard it from his mouth, folks! Harry Potter, Hermione Granger, and Ronald Weasley have just broken into Gringotts Wizarding bank! I repeat--the Golden Trio successfully broke into Gringotts! I've only heard bits and pieces of the story, but when I saw the large dragon flying over where I was, I knew them to be true. Yes, yes, they did, in fact, break out on a dragon's back! Can you believe it!?

"For whatever reason that they needed to get in there, we're all grateful for a glimpse of the Golden Trio. We're glad to see them safe--as safe as they can be riding a dragon, that is! Now, there are only a few names to add to the list of the dead today..."

Lorelei's mind trailed off when she felt all of the eyes around on her. Fred turned the radio down a bit. Molly shrieked out, "What did they think they were doing! Breaking into Gringotts!!"

Lorelei gulped. "The Dark Lord hid something, something that could be his downfall, in the Lestrange vault. That's all I can say, I'm sorry," she trailed off, feeling George squeeze her shoulder in reassurance.

Arthur looked at her. "You know what they're up to, Lorelei?"

"I do."

Molly gasped. "This whole time and not a peep to us!?"

"Harry didn't want anyone knowing. This was his mission and his alone. Ron and Hermione refused to let him go on his own, and I applaud them for it. It's awful... what Dumbledore left them," Lorelei strained out just as Lee's voice was heard again. She grabbed Ophelia from Embry, holding her close.

"The entire Weasley family is still missing. I received a tipoff that the second eldest was seen, but I know not it to be true. If any of you are listening," his voice cracked a bit, "we're all very worried about you lot. We'll be on again later tonight or tomorrow with more updates. The next codeword will be 'Weasley.' Thank you, good night."

Fred frowned and looked to his father. "Can't we just--"

"No."

"But did you hear how sad he--"

"No."