- 1 8 6 - THE CHAOS COMMENCES

LORELEI FELT HER BREATHING STOP FOR WHAT SEEMED LIKE THE HUNDREDTH TIME THAT NIGHT

LORELEI FELT HER BREATHING STOP FOR WHAT SEEMED LIKE THE HUNDREDTH TIME THAT NIGHT. The words morphed together as Voldemort continued to speak, but Lorelei could hear the words repeating in her head. Harry Potter is dead. Harry Potter is dead. Harry Potter is dead. Harry Potter is dead. Harry... dead. Harry... dead. Harry is dead. George and Fred locked eyes as Lorelei seemed to stare at Ginny in shock.

People lined up outside the Great Hall in the courtyard. Professor McGonagall screamed first, followed by Ginny, Hermione, and Ron. Lorelei saw George and Fred stand, both with pained expressions as the pair glanced at Lorelei nervously. Lorelei found herself running into the fray without looking back, George, Fred, and Ophelia far from her thoughts. She screamed, the Death Eaters laughing menacingly at her as a pair of arms grabbed her waist to pull her back. Lorelei was ready to run across the courtyard, wand raised. Seamus held her tightly, the mermaid using her strength to push him off. She was not able to get far when Voldemort finally stopped laughing at her words.

"You fucking bastard!"

"SILENCE!" he cried, a bang and flash that silenced them all. Lorelei was thrown back onto the ground. "Stupid half-breed! I should've gotten rid of you when I had the chance!" Lorelei felt her elbow scratch the ground as Bill quickly moved to help her up, shielding her body in case Voldemort shot a spell at her. "It is over! Set him down, Hagrid, at my feet where he belongs!"

Bill locked eyes with George and Fred, both with their wands clutched in their hands. They knew they had lost, but they would fight and protect each other until the end.

Bill caressed Lorelei's hair as she tried to struggle from his grip. "Lorelei, this is what he wants. He'll have no problem killing you," he muttered, but Lorelei was not listening. She was staring at Voldemort who paced around Harry's body on the ground where Hagrid put him gently.

"You see?" said Voldemort. "Harry Potter is dead! Do you understand now, deluded ones? He was nothing, ever, but a boy who relied on others to sacrifice themselves for him!"

"He beat you!" Ron screamed. He seemed to have broken the charm as everyone yelled and bellowed their hatred toward the Death Eaters. Lorelei screamed out a string of curse words before another bang was heard and quiet was summoned again.

Voldemort growled out, "He was killed while trying to sneak out of the castle grounds. Killed while trying to save himself--" Lorelei watched at Neville yelled a strangle cry before taking off toward Voldemort. Voldemort easily disarmed him, throwing his wand away as Neville now laid helplessly on the ground. "And who is this? Who had volunteered to demonstrate what happens to those who continue to fight when the battle is lost?"

Bellatrix laughed. Bill tightened his hold on a struggling Lorelei.

"It is Neville Longbottom, my Lord! The boy who was giving the Carrows so much trouble! The son of the Aurors, remember?"

"Ah, yes. I remember," said Voldemort, walking near a struggling Neville. "But you are a pureblood, aren't you, my brave boy?"

Neville clenched his fist. "So what if I am?"

"You show spirit and bravery, and you come of noble stock. You will make a very valuable Death Eater. We need your kind, Neville Longbottom."

"I'll join you when hell freezes over," said Neville hotly. "Dumbledore's Army!" he shouted, and there was an answering cheer from the crowd that the Dark Lord's charm seemed unable to hold.

Voldemort sneered. "Very well. If that is your choice, Longbottom, we revert to the original plan. On your head," he said quietly, "be it." Lorelei watched as the Sorting Hat flew into Voldemort's hand after a wave of his wand. She wondered what the hell he was doing. "There will be no more Sorting at Hogwarts School. There will be no more Houses. The emblem, shield, and colors of my noble ancestor, Salazar Slytherin, will suffice for everyone. Won't they, Neville Longbottom?" The hat now flew onto Neville's head, pulled so far down it covered his eyes. Neville was too still, obviously charmed. "Neville here is now going to demonstrate what happens to anyone foolish enough to continue to oppose me."

It all happened at once. Chaos.

The Sorting Hat went up in flames; Neville was aflame with it.

A giant screaming, "HAGGER!" ran from the forest. The giants on Voldemort's side ran at him, the steps sounding as if elephants were racing.

An uproar from the distance was heard that sounded like a hundred people were coming.

Hooves and the twangs of bows were heard next, an army of arrows flying at the Death Eaters. The evil witches and wizards broke rank in surprise, shouting their surprise.

Neville broke free from the Sorting Hat, pulling something silver with a glittering, rubied handle from inside the flames. Almost every eye was on the boy when he sliced straight through the snake that never left Voldemort's side. Voldemort screamed, and Lorelei watched as a shield was cast between Neville and Voldemort.

Looking around at who could have conjured it, her eyes widened at Hagrids shouts of, "HARRY! WHERE IS HARRY?"

From the sky, giant winged creatures soared around the heads of the giants: thestrals, Buckbeak the Hippogriff, and a dragon with Charlie fucking Weasley leading the pack. Chaos continued.

Lorelei pushed Bill's arms off of her as the battle seemed to reignite. Spells were cast as a mixture of Order members and Dumbledore's Army fought with everything they had left. Lorelei growled, her eyes as black as anyone had ever seen them as she passed the house-elves with Kreacher leading them.

Lorelei was roughly pushed to the ground. Looking up, she growled at Yaxley's face. Soon, the man was tackled by George and Lee, the man being knocked out immediately as George helped Lorelei up. He squeezed her hand once and said, "I love you." She kissed him quickly.

Lorelei pushed George toward Fred, who was battling three Death Eaters with Bill. Lorelei turned and saw Hermione, Luna, and Ginny being cornered by Bellatrix. Narrowing her eyes, she saw Bellatrix miss Ginny by inches with the deathly curse. Lorelei stood tall in front of the three females.

"I can't wait to fucking end your life," Lorelei snarled, Bellatrix laughing maniacally.